Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! šŸ™‚)

Just got my notice that my titre de sejour has been okayed for renewal. I have been a bit stressed out about it, hadnā€™t realized to what extent until I received the email message today, about the rendez-vous to pick it up. My energy level picked up significantly!

Also, a week-long issue with gastroenteritis or something (never went to the doc so not sure what it was), has finally lifted and Iā€™m feeling quite recovered from that as well.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s excellent news on both fronts, Mary! Well done :smiley:

1 Like

Starting a new job today! It all happened very quickly. Interview Friday and job offer on the spot and Iā€™m starting in 35 minutes!! :scream::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

16 Likes

Courage ou plutĆ“t ā€œmerdeā€ ! :wink:

1 Like

Oh wow that is exciting - congratulations! I wish that would happen for me - my current job finishes at the end of the month!

1 Like

Thanks guys. Unfortunately just as I was getting in the car, my new boss sent me a text to say the person training me wonā€™t be in today so could I just come in and sign the papers instead an hour and a half later than planned!!!
She is paying me for today though and I got the chance to go and have a cafĆ© at my favourite resto and catch up with the owner who I havenā€™t seen since August last year. @toryroo heā€™s very easy on the eyes :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Congratulations on your new job!
seems a good first day!

1 Like

Thatā€™s excellent news @DeTolkTW ! Hope it works out really well for you

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: lucky you!!! Being paid and having some eye candy!

I had a little glance over the meat fridge at a very attractive bloke the other day in Super U (never go anywhere else that the supermarkets! :rofl:). I unfortunately had 15 year old boy with me who busted me, he said ā€˜mum I saw that!ā€™ I replied, darling ā€™ Iā€™m married not blindā€™! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Whatā€™s the job?

They grow up quickly donā€™t they Tory. I hope you get to see yours safely soon.

1 Like

Heā€™s 15 going on 25 - bloody nightmare tbh. Our first was soooo easy!

Secretary but hopefully that will evolve to include some teaching later on. Itā€™s in a school so I am now in the fantastic position of having three jobs I love, doing everything I enjoy. Makes it very easy to get up in the morning :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Lucky lucky you! I really need to get my mojo together to try to find a teaching job for next year.

2 Likes

I bounced this morning when I fell through the outhouse roof and got off relatively unscaithed which is a good thing :wink::yum::hushed:, I am on a list for vaccination at last and my partner and her dad have got their dates through to go for their appointments for their CdS so not a bad day.

8 Likes

News is bit thin on the ground this morning. SudOuest reports that someone left a pair of slippers on a bench.
Perhaps they were going to retrieve them and got cold feetā€¦

11 Likes

All set for our first outing this year.
We call our Camping-car BUBBLE as it allows us out and about with minimal mixing.
And following on behind is SQUEAK!

9 Likes

At long last I get my vaccination tonight a 6.50pm, J&J so only one dose as well, result :smiley:

6 Likes

Itā€™s raining! So pleasing, even though I had to put washing out to encourage it to arrive - still a rainwater rinse will probably be good for the clothes AND I donā€™t have to water the garden this evening :smiley:

1 Like

Sorry Angela,

All my fault, I have just taken the garden furniture out of the stable.

Always happens

Andy

2 Likes