Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! šŸ™‚)

I was thinking in terms of using it as an excuse to wander east and find you with a boot-full of requested plants :rofl:
Seriously, we are hoping, come September to explore a bit more of France since we havenā€™t been able to for one reason or another (latterly pandemic of course) since we were both here full time. We have so much to explore but if, at some point, that includes your direction, Iā€™ll let you know in case there are things I can bring :smiley:

Thinking about it - that includes @SuePJ if we end up wandering in her direction - I know sheā€™s a plant lover too!

2 Likes

My new shoes make me happy

10 Likes

I just love watching the baler in our field as it gobbles up the rowed hay and spits it out into huge bales.

2 Likes

You would be very welcomeā€¦as long as you appreciate that you would have to look at every single plant in our garden!

1 Like

Just had, after 3 week break, a lovely Zoom evening with my family :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Had a lovely apƩro dinatoire with my neighbours last night where we laughed until we cried. One of them bought me these lovely roses from her garden :smiley::hugs:

10 Likes

Brilliant - my favourite activity :smiley:

1 Like

We have just had our appointment at the Prefecture. Quite cursory, apart from signing an Attestation that we hadnā€™t been out of France for more than three years.
We went to Grand Frais and I bought a crab which we will have for lunch with a lovely green salad of cours dā€™escarole, steamed green beans, cucumber and fennel.
Also today is our fortnight after our second jab.
A bottle of Pouilly-Fuisse to celebrate .

5 Likes

Sounds like heaven ! Grand Frais !! What a wonderful shop.

1 Like

Iā€™m so pleased! We have very tall trees leaning over the house. They are in a neighbouring farmerā€™s field and Iā€™ve been trying to find him for the past couple of years to no avail as he doesnā€™t live there - he has a big farm in a neigbouring village. However, he has a very common surname and I haveno idea which of the people in that village he is. Today - success! The post lady chatted for a few minutes and mentioned the approaching storm. I said Iwas worried about the trees but couldnā€™t find m. XXX to ask him to cut them. She told me which of the many he was and which house he lived in. So pleased - why didnā€™t I ask her before, I wonder :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Surprise delivery from my friends in The Netherlands. Made my week!!!

They even included cress seeds and pods so I get to enjoy all the varieties I love!!

5 Likes

Just received a ā€œthankyouā€ . A bottle of Charentaise alcoholā€¦ hicā€¦ how could I refuse.

4 Likes

For the past couple of years we have had a solitary female peregrine falcon living on the cliffs above our houseā€¦all by herself, and getting older.

Yesterday she had a companion!! Youpi!

Them doing acrobatics together was lovely to watch.

6 Likes

I am inordinately cheerful today. :grin: :grin:

We are going out to dinner this evening to our favourite restaurant in Agen - The Mariottat. It is a Michelin star restaurant and itā€™s the first time weā€™ve eaten out in must be about 20 months.

Really, really looking forward to it - the food is wonderful and the service impeccable without being the remotest bit snobby.

5 Likes

That sounds wonderful, Sue! Enjoy every moment :smiley:

1 Like

England have beaten Germany (in the football):grin::grin::grin::grin:

Iā€™m pleased but our ā€œfansā€ will now be more insufferable than normal :frowning:

And Cavendish won stage 4 of TdF, with no major crashes.

On a rather low key level - my partner has managed to remove the 30-40year well established shrubs where the posts for the new (first floor level) terrace are going

2 Likes

Today I received the second of two wonderful birthday presents :clap: Both health related and both with an all clear result :pray: Woo Hoo !

8 Likes