Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! 🙂)

Just to keep you company, I too tripped over a piece of wood that we put up to hold the fence panel in place until the concrete in the post bases had dried. You feel such a fool and the fall seems to go into slow motion until you hit something solid. To be honest I just lay there in the dirt laughing like a drain so much I couldn’t get up by myself and had to be pulled up.

6 Likes

Picked first strawberries :strawberry: of the year from our garden.

7 Likes

A very good idea. On a trip back to the UK , probably 10 years ago, I went to Specsavers for some glasses and they measured eye pressure, which they said was high. They very kindly wrote out all the details, in English, for me. I translated it back in France and went to the opthalmos without a rdv. I got instantaneous red carpet treatment and I have been going there ever since.

7 Likes

It really is time that there is a trained opthamologist in opticians here in France.

3 Likes

I’ll be up near there in a couple of weeks for a few days. Vinça is pretty big and if that goes, you won’t have much chance for a long way down the valley. For the barrage above us, our emergency plan says we would get about 20 minutes, which isn’t a lot. Not going to happen though.

Only 17 in the pond yesterday but 27 in the surrounding, shaded, air. After the first shock at the difference I didn’t want to leave it and kept on doing more and more lengths till in the end I had notched up 98 metres. Still didn’t want to get out but a health aide was due. :smiley:

3 Likes

Lets pray it never does. Was sober reading though. I like it up there, love going to Villefranche and the boutiques for pottery and witches. Might do the 300 steps upto the top this summer, depends on the heat.

Yes, Villefranche is lovely, and I’ll be going there, and taking the 300 steps. The OH will probably wait for me in a cafe, no way she would exert herself that much :grin:. She does have the excuse of a new knee though.

1 Like

The weather is getting interesting here. Looks like the rain and storms may be moving you’re way @Shiba . The central southern Corbieres is getting a real hammering at the moment

Real Time Lightning Map :: LightningMaps.org;

1 Like

I watch that site, coupled with Ventusky
 very informative :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes indeed - we look at those two in the main as well!

I really like Ventusky as well, but it can be a little frustrating if you just want a straight “what’s it going to be for the next week” forecast.

yr.no is your friend - well laid out, simple, usually pretty accurate.

2 Likes

Never used Ventusky. Just looked now. It’s got a lot of interesting information :+1:

1 Like

I have a few apps for the weather :laughing: plus AccuWeather.

1 Like

OH swears by Accu
 I swear by Meteo
 :rofl: :rofl: we both look at Ventusky to see what is where and whether or not “it” is likely to arrive chez-nous
 then we double/triple check with Lightning
 blah blah blah
 then, the treefrogs start to chirrup
 :wink:
today, they’re chirruping like mad
 and telling us not to be so stupid as to venture outdoors
 :wink:

Just had a look as well - love it - now book marked. :+1:

Its banging here and some “rain”, ground dosn’t look very wet but I can see the road is darker and oops - a big forked flash nearby Going to turn off now

1 Like

I always have a look at Rain Today radar just before we take the mut out for her walk, as we get thunder plumps percolating up around us at this time of the year, it’s always accurate.

Well that equated to a fart in a breeze to be honest. One big flash, several bangs, few drops of liquid and finished. I feel for those poor folks who have been washed away this past couple of weeks, looked terrible on the news reports.