Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! 🙂)

Today’s cheerful news… had a wonderful visit to the dentist.
OH is going to be “dealt with” swiftly and with style… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Been here today (and it is not where you may initially think!):

No its is not Monets Garden in Giverny - instead it is where Monet bought some water lollies here:
The Garden Of Lilies
05 53 01 08 05
https://maps.app.goo.gl/qBEMF21UNCXDmktt6
http://www.latour-marliac.com/

(excellent lunch at the restaurant there also!)

3 Likes

Wow… your photo took me back in time… a wonderful visit to Monet’s garden at Giverny when visiting friends in Paris… quite some years ago.

cheers… that’s really made me smile. :hugs: Latour-Marliac is now on our “to do” list…

1 Like

Love Latour Marliac…and spent far too much money there!! But our mare looks lovely when they flower😀

1 Like

The three of us received our Carte De Séjour through the post today, the postman congratulate us on our residency :smiley:

8 Likes

I was a little disappointed mine didn’t :joy: He’s always a little nosey in the best way, his face lit up when he handed me my carte Gris back in the day and she said something along the lines of “you’re becoming more french, now you have a french car!” pointing at the UK plated car, he’s alway got some bit of banter, but whether he didn’t realise it was the CdS maybe, I got nothing :sob:

Lettuce and cucumber, fresh from a garden way down in the valley… yippee our “neighbours” are very generous.

1 Like

And another glorious day… OK a little rain… but who cares… hic… I’m on my 3rd glass of wine and feeling just great…

The vide grenier is well under way, my duty is done and I can relax, just a little… in the safety of my own home… while the enthusiasts (with no wine) get wet as they browse the bargains…

Yippee…

4 Likes

Today my new driving license arrived!!! Only took 19 months from start to finish, plus 10 months with an expired license.

Still I’m VERY happy now! If you are still waiting, just hang on!

regards

7 Likes

Got results of my Covid Spike protein test: and am decently positive for antibodies :slightly_smiling_face:. V pleased as my drugs mean I might not have reacted to the vaccines at all…No-one knows what level is actually needed but I’m being optimistic and reckoning positive is positive.

So no rush for booster dose now…and will wait until end of year.

7 Likes

SUN!!! And clear blue sky. :grin: :grin: :grin:

5 Likes

Pleased for you and sorry you had 10 months without one.
My uk one runs out in 12 days, got my interim attestation a week ago…phew… that was good event.

2 Likes

Our youngest will be here later today. As we’ve not seen her (or any family) for 20 months, there might be some happy tears on the cards.

6 Likes

Went to the cinema in Villedieu for the first time in yonks to see Nomadland. Almost getting back to a degree of normality.

2 Likes

I have just finished my latest project, a Brioche knitted scarf for my daughter, before they come to stay later in the week.
I can pack it up and she can take it back to Munich and I don’t have to worry about all my effort being lost in the post.

Jim can’t find out how to turn this upright and life’s too short to fiddle and it;s nearly lunchtime.

11 Likes

Oh that does look lovely @Jane_Williamson

well done !

Yes, it was my goal to learn something new during the lockdown and I decided on Brioche knitting.
It is 70" long, so can be worn in a variety of ways against the Munich winter.

1 Like

Just heard that a dear, long-standing friend in UK is safely out of surgery… that’s the first step… it will be a long recovery, I reckon… but it’s wonderful news… :hugs:

7 Likes

I was dreading a call to the DFDS call centre to make a very complicated change to a booking. The booking agent could not have been more helpful and it was all done in a fraction of the time I’d set aside.

6 Likes

My 88 year old mother got out of hospital today after 4 weeks and 4 days. She got home this afternoon much to everyone’s relief. What made it harder is that the hospital she was in still does not allow visitors, so she spent the entire time with no physical contact with family or friends.

9 Likes