Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! 🙂)

Brilliant head - archetypal baby!

Happy birthday, and wishing you many more, Stella!

1 Like

Many more happy returns @Stella xx

Better in a cup :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Happy Birthday :birthday:

2 Likes

Yes 16 people catching e-coli :hushed:

Happy Birthday Stella - the Queen of Information!

1 Like

It was warm and pleasant on Oxford this afternoon. And very, very busy - which is funny because in the photos it looks empty. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

There is more than one person on the street! That’s busy.

2 Likes

Happy Easter Everyone.

3 Likes

1 Like

Brings back memories of my teenage years when we used to have to go over into Oxford to buy anything decent in the clothes line as they had a C&A there. Used to take the bus all round the villages from home just over the “border” and that took a good hour. Saturday nights spent in the pubs, skating rink or the big modern cinema when OH got his first car (saw the Exorcist there and kept laughing so much they threatened to throw us out, still remember the St.John Ambulance people on standby in case people fainted)

2 Likes

Happy Easter!

9 Likes

One of the neighbors has just given us these.
Happy :hatching_chick:

10 Likes

A couple of phone pics from inside the village church this morning.

6 Likes

We made a wreath as well as twigs this year :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Happy Belated Birthday @Stella :partying_face:

1 Like

My son has just taken off after a surprise visit that lasted just over a week…!

My partner had told me to book the week off for my birthday as we were going away, but wouldn’t say more than that. I thought we were visiting friends in Barcelona as it’s been on the cards for ages. Little did I know she’d been privately discussing with my son and some old friends from the UK about a surprise party for me.

The friends went back last Sunday but my son stayed an extra week, which meant he also got to spend time with my OH’s family over the Easter weekend.

It’s been such a long time since we last saw each other, for various reasons, but we had a really lovely time together. Here’s hoping the next visit will be sooner!

10 Likes

Isn’t it great when things work out like that? I’m in England with my disabled brother, yesterday we drove 3 hours to see an old work friend/ flatmate, stayed over in Sandwich kent, had loads of beers and back this morning . Taking him to IoW Tuesday for another little road trip to meet up with my niece, and no doubt more mischief :wink:

7 Likes

Hope you have a great time together :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

How come you’ve got a rood screen? Most were removed during the Reformation.

Or is it Pugin inspired C19th Gothic Revival?