Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! 🙂)

Your jokes are good and original, the parts that are good are not original and the parts that are original are not good :joy:

1 Like

Hope that’s a joke - as an academic, plagiarism is almost the worst thing one can do!

Homage

1 Like

The act of going home.

4 Likes

Reminds me of those ‘funny’ definitions: countryside = shooting Piers Morgan.

1 Like

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2013/06/17/good-original/

I got my anniversary badge and my reader badge. Nothing will top that supposing the day was to last another 40 minutes.

1 Like

No doubt written in many a child’s school report :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

or

l’ñge de chez moi !

2 Likes

A love of men?

Old men?

Fill your boots. I’m sure no one is judging.

The best news you’ll read this weekend. An actor from Paisley has been cast as Montgomery Scott, aka, Scotty in Star Trek. He’ll be the first Scot to do so. But wait, that’s not the best bit. The word “bawheid” is to replace “turnip heid” in the scripts. Set phasers tae malkie.

1 Like

Think that would be hommes agĂ©s, and what’s love got to do with it?

Me no know. I’ve no idea where my train of thought went there.

You are Tina Turner in disguise and I claim my ÂŁ5. :wink:

2 Likes

At the grandson’s 6 birthday party.

5 Likes

I got the old jalopy out for the first time this year and it still seems to go, turn and stop as it should.

11 Likes

Fixed my shaver today.

Last week I dropped it and afterward each time i tried t turn it on the light flashed red and it wouldn’t work. Started taking it apart this afternoon, but hit a snag where it wouldn’t separate the drive from the body so looked up a youtube video. The last thing he said was ‘after replacing the batteries the light will flash red - plug it into the charger for 5 second to reset the cells’. Sure enough, plugging it in for a few seconds was enough, and all is well again.

3 Likes

This week Mrs W. got chatting with a book club friend at the local market & somehow got around to talking about horses and riding, Mrs W. doesn’t ride. Her friend has two thoroughbred Arabes, but can only ride one at a time & was looking for someone to ride with, MrW. mentioned I can ride, so after 20 years or so I’m back in the saddle, went out for what was initially an hour, turned out to be a 2 & 1/2 hour hack, and I’m now feeling a few muscles
 Rdv next weekend for another outing in the saddle.

11 Likes