Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! 🙂)

Lucky you.

1 Like

After a sad email from Leroy Merlin (sorry @JaneJones :smiling_face: ) saying my pool is running late on Saturday had another today saying it has arrived! Very excited, been wanting an above ground pool since we arrived 9 years ago! Easy book the time I want for puck up after work on Wednesday :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Hot weather, small children and draw of cool water is more powerful than Putin any day.

1 Like

To be honest it was also financial, they ended up the cheapest, no delivery charge as we can collect and I feel if there is an issue we have more chance with them than some unknown online company. Not just the small person, happy wife, happy life :rofl:

Cheerful News for many people
 where underground water supplies are recovering well.

5 Likes

We went to Macon to pick up my engagement ring which had been altered and my watch which had been mended, 80 euros, so not too bad.
Police everywhere.
We went to Grand Frais and they had grey shrimps, so I have been picking them and making potted shrimps.
Only 4 small ramekins for all that work, but delicious and a reminder of north lancs.

4 Likes

I know this won’t appeal to a lot of you further south where these chaps are a bit of a problem but seeing this after a very difficult couple of days made me feel a LOT better :smiley:

3 Likes

South of the Loir? :smiley:

4 Likes

We need a different symbol to grade these! 5/10!

1 Like

Puzzle Wood, super.

Harsh! :cry:

1 Like

but fair!

1 Like

13 years ago ago we bought our current home, a wreck not lived in for 50 years abd used as a store by the farmer we bought it from. We lived in a static caravan on site for 10 months while I turned our wreck into a home, all finished internally but never got around to pointing the stonework externally. I have been reminded of the fact for 12 years by my wife, constantly.
Last summer I started on the entrance walls and then the bread oven which forms part of our entrance and then moved on to the house.
It started raining in October here and didn’t stop till last month so no pointing.
I restarted last month and today the entire job is finished.
My wife is very pleased and now wants to know when I can start some decorating, there’s no rest for the wicked.

14 Likes

Congratulations.

Well done. I’ve been waiting for 16 years

Perhaps the patient waiter is preferable to the impatient, enthusiastic, but unskilled significant other who wants to help, but lacks the necessary skills and whose OH eventually has to clean up the mess before re-doing the job.

Obviously I’m describing a hypothetical situation, rather than any aspect of personal experience

1 Like

That sounds like an awful lot of apologising there, DrMarkH :slight_smile:

I’ve been waiting 24 years
but she simply won’t get out of that chair. :slightly_frowning_face:

5 Likes

Think it was more a very restrained cry of exasperation

1 Like

I think this is good news but I’ll link to the other thread rather than pollute this one with conversation on the topic.

15 Likes