Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! šŸ™‚)

Any cheerful news today? a certain other thread has now been closed.

I understood the hesitation as free speech is greatly respected however it did appear it kept being revived unnecessarily. So cheerful news today.

6 Likes

What fun! Hope you have a lovely time and that the weather is kind.

Iā€™m still not ready to stay overnight anywhere so my annual holiday is tomorrow. :grin:
Iā€™m heading for the sea first thing tomorrow. (Probably Mimizan plage)
Iā€™ll take my little beach tent, a good book, sun hat and lunch. Iā€™ll dip my toes in the surf - might even splash about and come in on some baby rollers, depending on how cold it is. Iā€™ll eat rubbish beach food - ice cream and crepe, stay until itā€™s dusk and the beach is nearly empty and come back home on the motorway.
Just bliss. :grin:

6 Likes

This is our little visitorā€¦ spent ages watching it carefully climbing through the leaves on the vineā€¦ until it vanished (like magic)ā€¦

this year is the first time Iā€™ve watched one flyingā€¦ itā€™s strange antics caught my eyeā€¦ and I was wondering what on earth sort of butterfly/dragonfly it was, when it landed beside me ā€¦ such a surprise.

9 Likes

Or as my local vet calls it, the Inbreeding Olympicsā€¦

4 Likes

@Jane_Williamson @_Brian

Iā€™m not going to take the bait but thanks for the congratsā€¦:slightly_smiling_face:

He was handled in the ring by an 11 year old so congrats to her tooā€¦

6 Likes

Well hereā€™s a modern miracle. Our ID cards have arrived in the mairie and after a quick email to the mairie contact email, fully expecting no reply or a convoluted process needing me to resign from work to find the time, the answer was just come and get them! Even better itā€™s the somehow accomplishment of our several years long brexit de risking strategy.

4 Likes

Looks great. Keep up the good work. I love my dogs. Setters, boxers and now the mouton. I saw an article on breeds at risk in uk and some beautiful breeds are registering well below 100 per year. Big dogs of course, working breeds but even some spaniels.

1 Like

Yes she does all the health testing possible and way beyond U.K. kennel club recommendationsā€¦

My breedā€¦Border Collie isnā€™t on the at risk register but bearded collies and the smooth collie areā€¦.

It would be such a shame in my opinion to lose any breedā€¦is there an equivalent at risk register in Franceā€¦.???

Google is your friendā€¦10 races de chiens franƧaises oubliĆ©es, voire en disparition

1 Like

No more swimming pool repairs and redecorating for me for a week as Iā€™ll be helping out with the local ride on mower racing event.

2 Likes

Whaaaa?! RdV in April? So, being told at yesterdayā€™s RdV that my card would arrive in ā€˜about a monthā€™ was a porkie ?

To risk repeating myself - where the fingerprint machine was on the desk in St Lo, in the equivalent office in Valencia was a machine that produced CdSā€™s! Yes! You walked out with your card in your hot and sweaty!

@AngelaR suggested to me that time will now be spent sending stuff to Paris for security checks or sumtinā€™. What have they been doing with all my info for the past 6 months minus 4 days since my application?

Naaaah ā€¦ whatā€™s that joke about Hell having the Gemans as the police and the British as the cooks? And the French running civil administration.

2 Likes

Weā€™ve had this discussion (argument) off-line about the reasons that French administration is different from other places a few times before @captainendeavour so Iā€™m not going to repeat myself here :rofl: :rofl:

However, the reason @andyw had his interview much earlier than we had ours and with a very different timescale is because the St Lo prefecture only processed the 10 year cards until very recently when they started doing the 5 year ones and now have a glut! At the time Andy had his, they were actually printing the cards (apart from him personally :roll_eyes: ) in 3 to 6 weeks, so I expect that the month as stated may well extend by a couple of weeks but not much more. What I said about security checks is correct - itā€™s what they told me at the Prefecture. They are clearly catching up fast with their backlog as they had had my application months before yours and processed it a couple of weeks before yours, which wasnā€™t at all bad given when they started processing the 5 year cards.

1 Like

and the Good News isā€¦

someoneā€¦ somewhereā€¦ is receiving their CdSā€¦ YIPPEE :hugs:

2 Likes

You are absolutely right, @Stella :smiley:

In contrast to my somewhat ratty post above I can report that our first visitor for well over a year is leaving today after a weeks stay with us and appears to have had a lovely timeā€¦ phewā€¦ :relieved:

3 Likes

Doing everyone elseā€™s who was before you in the queue I would like to think, although I appreciate that is only partially true. It does seem like youā€™re going to be in for a very tough, and stress filled, time if you donā€™t get out of the habit of comparing one place to another. If we cherrypick the best bits of the bureaucracy from every country in the world we may end up with an efficient, functioning, helpful system, but thatā€™s not possible and every country has its good aspects and itā€™s exasperating difficult ones, itā€™s fast aspects and itā€™s incredibly slow ones. Thatā€™s life, it is what it is, and itā€™s what youā€™ve chosen. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Morning Capt,

Yep RDV 27th April, got my card on Friday 13th Aug.

OH took two weeks.

But itā€™s now in my sweaty hand !

Good luck

Andy

There was a batch of cards around April time where something went wrong and they have all had to be reprinted. Sounds like you may have got caught up in that as I know they have now sorted it out.

1 Like

Itā€™s good to know that there was a reason! Given the enormous number they have had to process compared with the drip-feed of normal CdS applications it wouldbe surprising if there werenā€™t hiccups :roll_eyes:

Andy seems to be a heck of a lot more balanced than me because in his shoes I would have been paranoid :smiley: However, these things are very rarely personal, thank goodnessā€¦

1 Like

Perfectly true. Iā€™m just having a recreational whinge, in the time-honoured Brit fashion. Not that the question has no merit ā€¦

1 Like

I wonder who has some really Good News for this threadā€¦

If all else fails,

Iā€™ve received permission for Gym to restart at the end of the monthā€¦ yippeeā€¦ that is Good Newsā€¦