Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! šŸ™‚)

Iā€™m not sure @Jane_Williamson is proposing to share her kilo a day. :grin:

2 Likes

Oh surely, @SuePJ, sheā€™d share with us? Weā€™re all friends arenā€™t we? :rofl:

2 Likes

I canā€™t imagine the colour / smell of ones pee if sharing a kg a day between 2 :rofl:

We share it with the neighbours and our eggs too.

2 Likes

I can :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

See, Tory? Told you :smiley:

1 Like

After moving the rockery, i have about 1/3 of the decking finished apart from the banister and the trellis infills, I just need Leroyā€™s to get their finger out and get some stock in.

11 Likes

Well done Colin - lookslike a very professional job :clap:

It looks ok from 15 ft :wink::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: anything with screws and nails isnā€™t the easiest nowadays with me missing my fingers on my L hand, there was a lot of swearing goes on :laughing:

1 Like

I can well imagine! However, one of the advantages of getting older in my experience is that you canā€™t actually see errors in construction (or anything else) without glasses. Iā€™ve taken to not wearing glasses unless I actually want to see something :smiley:

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I thought until an eye problem resulted in 2 lens replacements.

Thanks to fantastic surgery, my vision is now better than 20:8 which means I can see things at 20m that the average person can only see at 8m. My errors have never seemed larger or more obvious!

But your decking looks excellent to me, @Griffin36 !

1 Like

Went in to Leroy Merlin and the assistant asked if I wanted decking - so I hit him first
:wink: :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

It looks as if it needs an elderly couple slowly dancing a forceful flamenca on it! I love the sound of their feet stamping on woodā€¦

It sounds a bit daft Colin but I appreciate the work and precision of the diagonal cut on the bit of wood by the gravel.

Good job.

1 Like

First cuckoo just now! And we found a hedgehog in our garden this morning which is lovely news as we were worried we didnā€™t have any and have been making nice places for them around the garden for 12 years in the hope of attracting a family.

2 Likes

Ba-doom, tish.

The old ones are the best.

Mind you, when anyone mentions decking I canā€™t help think of this video.

4 Likes

@anon88169868 clever dick :crazy_face:

2 Likes

The house we bought was a maison secondaire so the garden was deliberately low maintenance - the odd plant here and there surrounded by lawn. One of those plants was a sad looking twig that OH mowed over more often than not. Itā€™s taken time, but after surrounding the twig with a flower bed to protect it from the mower, the ā€œtwigā€ is now a wonderful pink tree peony. This year, nine flower heads and the promise of more for next. :grin:

5 Likes

Beautiful! So much further ahead than we areā€¦tree peony not yet opened leaves yetā€¦

1 Like

I didnā€™t know tree Peonies existed! What is the difference between them and ā€˜normalā€™ ones?

They are much bigger and blowsier and really special. Shrubs rather than herbaceous perennials. Expensive to buy, and can take a long time to get going and flower but when they do!!

The best ones to me are called intersectional peonies which are a cross between herbaceous and tree peoniesā€¦

2 Likes