Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! šŸ™‚)

Iā€™m on the Paddington- Exeter St Davids
It does only take a couple of hours ; for which Iā€™m thankful, as I got up at 4am, to get the first of 7 trains at 6.30.

2 Likes

The train, what luxury :rofl:. It used to be National Express for me, or in the back of a rag top series 2 land rover for scout camp

Nice
I had a Series 2A safariā€¦
Not luxury, but over a ton of fun.

Many thanks Karen & Sue for useful info! Kind regards T.

Iā€™m sure youā€™ll have a wonderful time in Devonā€¦ keep safe.

Thank you Stella
We never make plans to go far &/or see people :joy:

1 Like

Not exactly news, but just a pleasant place to be before I spend time in the company of the green owl.

2 Likes

What green owl ???

Duo maybe?

1 Like

Thatā€™s the one.

Todays good event (well yesterdayā€™s really but Iā€™ve decided to switch off computers etc in the evenings so am reporting today!) is that our local postlady called for a ā€œpetit bonjourā€ and I was actually able to offer cakes as I had just made some flapjacks - a most unusual experience for me, and she really liked them after a very tentative initial taste! I had wondered what had happened to her since she hasnā€™t appeared over the past couple of months and apparently sheā€™s on some sort of ā€œpre-retraiteā€ where the post office carry on paying her up to official retirement but she doesnā€™t go into work. Sounds great to me but Iā€™d never heard of it! Also, she was a great opportunity for us to practice our French :smiley:

3 Likes

We"re very fond of our postman. He was due to retire a couple of years ago but decided to postpone it because he was he didnā€™t want nothing to do every morning.

Well ours explained that, with her smallholding and her Association activities and ā€œLa Chasseā€ she was unlikely to be bored!

We took up @Stellaā€™s suggestion from a long while back, and asked her how we could go about getting venison and she said sheā€™d bring some over next time they bagged oneā€¦ so thatā€™s extra good news :smiley:

2 Likes

Glad Iā€™m not the only one who has Food-related cheerful newsā€¦ :+1: :hugs:

2 Likes

Most of my cheerful news is food related :smiley: Itā€™s one of the things Iā€™m enjoying most about being hereā€¦

1 Like

After being forced to miss dog walks for 3 days and swimming for one, yesterday, I managed to do all 3 today in between very very heavy showers of rain. :joy:

Didnā€™t get wet at allā€¦apart from the swimming of course. :rofl:

1 Like

Morning All

Yipeeeeeee !!!

Back home after 4 weeks in the UK.

In isolation at the moment awaiting a test.

So good to be back, wood burners going, glass of vin.

Loved seeing the kids and family, but stressful and lots of travelling.

Andy

5 Likes

Cheerful news for today - trivial compared with most but stillā€¦ we finally got round to trying out the weird (and cheap) ā€œchaufferettesā€ that were on sale in Lidl just before Christmas. They were supposed to be handwarmers but, having carefully read the leaflet, we couldnā€™t believe that they would work. Very strange technology but I bought them because of the near impossibility of getting warm in our house at the moment :roll_eyes: I am reporting in that they actually work, last a long time, seem to recharge well and were extremely well worth the couple of euros I paid for them! No microwave or other gadgets needed and ideal for being out and about. Thoroughly recommend them. :smiley: Iā€™m well pleasedā€¦

3 Likes

What brand? Description? Partner suffers dreadfully from cold fingers when out walkingā€¦. and the single use ones are a no-no

Couldnā€™t see any brand name on them (typical Lidlā€¦) They consisted of a pack of two transparent pouches filled with liquid with a thin metal disc floating insidde. They came in a variety of shapes, all with twee designs on like father CHristmas etc. I went for heart-shaped ones with stars as being the least obnoxious. You press on the metal disc and it makes a cracking noise, the liquid goes opaque, solid and warm and lasts for over an hour. You refresh them by putting them in a pan of hot water so they go transparent again.

The distributors seem to be Delta Sport in Germany. Iā€™ll see if I can find anything that looks similarā€¦

1 Like