Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! 🙂)

These look to be a similar technology…

(I would have thought they’d be just the right sort of thing for your partner to put in his pocket or inside gloves @JaneJones )

We had those years ago when we would go rallying in the winter… brrrrr… perishing with no heater.
Can confirm they were very useful, slipped into the pocket for use as and when needed. (we called them clic-clics, presumably 'cos that’s what we did to make 'em work…)

1 Like

Something like these (probably available from amazon too🙄)?

Spot on- Stella. Very good name for them :smiley:

Clic Clac, merci Kodak :camera_flash:

As they say :slightly_smiling_face:

Might go for this sort of thing……no plastic, no Amazon. Bit not sure how long heat would last….

There are gas-powered ones in metal that look like a traditional cigarette lighter, powered by the same or maybe even lighter fluid. Camping shops in US used to sell them, they might be findable in Germany too

I am wondering how many times the Lidl ones can be reheated, they had them in UK a long time ago. There was a version for toes that slipped into boots too.

According to the blurb, they can be reheated 1000 times. I’ll let you know :rofl:

I love snow!

1 Like

UK Friends have sent a photo from their holiday home… they’ve finally got there. Yippee
(I’m almost jealous… almost.)

2 Likes

I’m probably going to look incredibly uneducated here, but where is this beautiful sight @Stella?

1 Like

Tobago… he’s had a place there for years and spends most of his time there, until covid stopped him in his tracks back in UK. Known him since schooldays and glad he’s now well enough to travel.

2 Likes

One of my school friends was from Tobago, and would be sent home in the summer holidays. He was a lovely person, but I’ve a feeling that he didn’t come back to school after one summer break, and I’ve no idea what happened to him - we were only 12/13 at the time.

2 Likes

I’m going to think positively and suggest that perhaps he decided he preferred to look at that view…

2 Likes

such unexplained happenings in childhood can leave a mark…

In early life, we moved home/area so many times it was impossible to keep in touch with friends… I’ve memories but no idea what became of the folk …
Finally, four years at the same senior school gave a chance to form some friendships which have lasted (albeit somewhat vague and at a distance).

I do hope your friend dropped out of sight for a good/happy reason.

Thanks Stella, TBH I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he was sent back to live with his grandparents one summer and IF he returned, his parents had moved somewhere else.

1 Like

Ours have arrived……we have been pressing in every way we can think of and no heat! Is there a trick to it?

Is the disk a sort of oval shape with bobbly bits on? What I ended up doing was working it to the edge so it wasn’t in the middle of the liquid and was easy to grab, getting hold of each end and bending it a bit…

I hope they kept in touch… :wink:
My parents only moved ahead of me, on 2 occasions. (perhaps they were trying to lose me)
Once 3 months with grandma prior to 11+ and another time the few weeks necessary to take my GCE’s… but I always managed to locate the new family home… :rofl:

1 Like

If bending the metal thing so it flips doesn’t work, just whack the hand warmer hard on a hard surface it is the shockwave which sets off the crystallising and exothermic reaction.
You will see the disc or oval is a bit convex, you need to make it pop the other way.

1 Like