Any Ricky Gervais fans on here?

WARNING: THIS TRAILOR CONTAINS EXTREMELY STRONG LANGUAGE INCLUDING THE “C” WORD.

Having said that, I can not wait to see this.

6 Likes

Thanks for this Mandy…I love Ricky Gervais…and courtesy of my son I have Netflix…!

Roll on March 8th…x :smiley:

1 Like

I really enjoyed the original “The Office” and even have the DVDs knocking around somewhere, but I’ve always wondered if Gervais is actually acting or if he’s just found a way to capitalise on his strange personality.

2 Likes

[quote=“John_Scully, post:3, topic:24702, full:true”]
I’ve always wondered if Gervais is actually acting or if he’s just found a way to capitalise on his strange personality… /quote]

I think both is true, John. His humour is chilling, cruel, knowing and self-deprecating. He is clearly very self-aware, but manages to act the complete opposite. A wonderful and IMO unique talent.

I found him hilarious but utterly cringeworthy. :frowning_face_with_open_mouth::scream::joy:

1 Like

Yes, he’s certainly cringworthy and indeed unique and very clever. I enjoyed The Office but the few bits I’ve seen of him since have had a cruel edge that I’ve been uncomfortable with. Maybe I’m a snowflake after all.

2 Likes

Thank you Mandy,

I like Ricky Gervais a lot. I think he is a very talented man. I’ve only seen clips of Derek and will have to find time to sit down and watch with my wife as they have been so good. It’s nice to see that he is working with David Earl and Kerry Godliman again. Afterlife looks very funny.
Paul

1 Like

Love Ricky Gervais, just re-watched ‘Derek’ and laughed and cried equally. He’s a very good observer of human behaviour. ‘Humanity’ is excellent and, again, well observed particularly when he’s talking about taking offence selectively. Looking forward to AfterLife. Really wish he would present the Oscars and he does a fabulous job of bringing just the right amount of normality to this overblown event.

3 Likes

He is a very talented man, and he knows it.

1 Like

I’ve watched everything he’s ever done and I find him hilarious and often poignant.

He certainly has a savage sense of humour but I love anyone who is not afraid to do and say exactly what they want.

I also follow him on Twitter and Facebook and really admire his campaigning against animal cruelty and his loyalty to his long-term girlfriend of 35 years. You never hear any scandal about him either.

6 Likes

I think he is a comic genius - Whenever l need cheering up and some laugh out loud moments l watch the Derek Series 2 outtakes on Youtube - He and the ensemble cast are hilarious. Highly recommended.

3 Likes

One of a very few celebrity actors who has not allowed himself to be devoured by his own talent.

1 Like

I don’t have Netflix but I’d get it just for that…

Love it :rofl:

I shall be laughing about that clip for the next few days at least

2 Likes

Thanks for the warning…
Apart from the “Free Love Freeway” advert, I can’t stand to watch him…find him utterly repulsive in every way…
Takes all sorts, I suppose…

1 Like

A very talented man who is also a good person with a weird approach to comedy. I like Extras, I also like the way he teases his partner with photos of her alone and puts Jane with all her friends.

3 Likes

Has anyone watched After Life yet?

I’ve just finished all 6 episodes and it blew me away.

Absolutely brilliant.

You need to see it.

2 Likes

Watched the first 2 episodes, enjoying it so far.

1 Like

On episode 4. Genius.

1 Like

Cried my way through episode 6 tonight.

You’re right, the man is a genius.

1 Like

Where to find it?

It’s on Netflix. Not sure where else.

1 Like