Anyone else a gilet jaune?

Well well well John - be careful what you wish for! I have lots of family scattered around the Luberon and pop over from time to time - only about 5 hours away! The Mistral may explain a lot! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:Please don’t wreck Avignon.

I am not violent.The violence will only help Marcon

1 Like

Just a reminder to everyone to keep this discussion civil please, everyone is entitled to their opinion right?

4 Likes

This is how Valence has prepared for today’s fun and games

hopefully, it will pass peacefully.

“I am not violent.The violence will only help Marcon”

I am sure you aren’t, but you will end up being tarred with the same brush as those that are.

The main gripe of the GJs is that Macron isn’t in the mould. I voted for him in both rounds, the other candidates were either hopeless or dangerous. They should let him get on with his job.

The problem of the GJs is that they are a loosely federated shifting group of people with a multiplicity of grievances and aims, there is a strong poujadist type undercurrent and an even stronger xenophobic and classist one, based on little but prejudice and misinformation.

Every spokesperson seems to sing from a different hymnsheet and may or may not be recognised anyway.
The movement has attracted all sorts of hangers-on for all sorts of reasons including being lonely and bored.

What next? I don’t think they know at all.
I think lots of people were broadly sympathetic at first but that attitudes have hardened against them, that is certainly the case where I work.

6 Likes

Visited my local Saturday market this morning
didn’t come across any demonstrations but still just about every other car with a yellow vest in the windscreen or over the front passenger seat
and lots of yellow vests on the dashboard in car parks

I read this today

As I’m not french, I can’t vote for or against the president. Got stopped by the guys at a roundabout - asked them why (in english) and they said “He’s not French, Let him through!”
More recently though, they seem to have abandoned the post.

Latest news on this man is that he came out of his coma yesterday.

1 Like

Hi Helen, whilst this man may have been injured and my thoughts are with him and I hope he gets better I will flag up conspiracy theory websites when I come across them. Best wishes Marijke

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Globalresearch

4 Likes

A safety precaution perhaps.

Rioting, vandalism and tear gas again in Toulouse today :cry:

I really hope the situation clears up cos’ there will be a lot of english rugby fans in the city.

1 Like

I don’t agree with rioting vandalism or violence of any sort
hope I’m not giving the impression that I do
???

2 Likes

Well I’ll let the irrationality of rational wiki speak for itself but when there is a concerted effort to censor what people see and read and YouTubers are having years of work removed without warning
and YouTube are now shadowbanning certain content creators and people are having their websites taken down
then I’d rather not jump on a bandwagon of being told what I can and cannot read or view or talk about
we all have different perspectives but I think open dialogue without censorship is crucial

I also have huge respect for Vanessa Beeley

1 Like

Arseholes

3 Likes

There is open dialogue and then there is taking a careful and critical stance. Just as you may post links to any sites, I too can flag up what I consider to be conspiracy content. All news media is inevitably biased but vigilance is essential. It is too easy to end up in a ‘everything is a conspiracy’ rabbit hole. I hope you have a nice evening.

6 Likes

Just looked up Vanessa Beeley.

This Vanessa Beeley?

4 Likes

Makes sense to me,

3 Likes

x :smiley:

2 Likes

hello to everybody, so to get back on track of what the GJ wants; Well try this. If you could change one thing in France so the country would be better what would it be? It can be political, social, finance, anything please tell me what would it be? Because that’s what everyone is asking them and as no one has ever asked them that question they need time to reflect & organise. It will be very interesting and helpful so please give me your thoughts even the funny ones

2 Likes