Anyone missing Cadbury's chocolate?!

Sounds like the infamous Aussie Tim Tam slam.

2 Likes

Had to look that up! :grin: :yum:
Izzy x

2 Likes

New Zealand CDM is different and really nice. Like Fanta and Coke, it seems chocolate recipes and quality of ingredients vary across countries for something sold as the same thing.

1 Like

Ahh, but did you get them onto mushy peas ? I failed at that with mine, but pretty much succeeded with the others you mention (they weren’t keen on sweet pickle though).

As for CDM, I used to like it in small doses, with age, that has become even smaller, just doesn’t taste as good to me, and very cloying in the mouth. I don’t mind as I much prefer continental dark chocolate any day !

To be fair, I don’t much like any of the continental milk chocolate brands either.

Back in the 80’s when we holidayed in France with our young children, they immediately identified that French CocoPops were much more chocolatey than English CocoPops.

2 Likes

Vegelate.

That seems to extent to a number of products such as Knorr packet soups.
When I made regular visits to France (whilst still living in UK) I often would pick up a few packets of Knorr Minestrone soup, the recipe was sooo different and much more pleasant.

:flushed::flushed: God no, we just got a pack of 24 tins delivered, I get withdrawal symptoms without them :grin:

Interesting you ask Alex. Mushy peas were never really in my repertoire but two of my kids went to unis in the north and both have come home demanding I make mushy peas as a winter vegetable. We had them this Christmas with chips.

Chips with mushy peas sounds like a rather bleak Christmas dinner :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Eeee lad thee dusnt know thest born til thee’s tried mushy peas wit chips, an we considered selves lucky t’ave mushy peas AND chips. Course twas only one chip each.

6 Likes

Bah gumm! I 'ope tha disn’t giv 'em more than one mushy pea each…

1 Like

Aye well them peas is very devil te sort out thee knowst. And twere Christmas an all.

I wouldn’t stuff anything with Cadbury’s (except a bin)their milk chocolate is really horrible, it’s like s–t coloured lard compared to real chocolate. On the other hand it’s still preferable to US Hersey bars, or Icelandic liquorice flavoured chocolate.

And as for peas? One can get really ethnic and mention Lancashire chippie’s steak pudding with carlins, Bury’s prize winning black puddings, or one in a muffin with mint sauce from Oldham’s Tommyfield market. And then there’s the world of tripe , but I think we’ve been there before…

https://www.survivefrance.com/t/are-you-resident-in-france/34815/56

1 Like

The same logic was used at the Bassetts factory of liquorice allsorts fame in Sheffield. They were left all around the factory in open dishes to take one at will. :nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

3 Likes

I love black pudding! And my favourite chocolate is a 100% cacao one by Dardenne although I like the bogstandard Lindt 70% you get in the supermarket and it is the one I use most for cooking and general consumption by children.

1 Like

I’m afraid you’ve lost me. I can’t talk about northern delights but I can recommend a good place to buy Cromer crabs.

All my family love chocolate :chocolate_bar: can’t wait to see it in Leclerc. Baked beans I do tend to bring over by the case…such a simple go to addition to a jacket potato on a cold winters day! :blush:

3 Likes

Wow, that must be a bit dry on the palate? I usually stop at 90% allowing a bit of cocao butter to help it along. Lidls 85% for my sugar free brownies

Since the Kraft takeover of Cadbury, I refuse to buy their products.

2 Likes