Application to be Auto entrepreneur

Thanks for that Andrew. I selected the RAM as it was top of the list. I was very nervous, as there's all sorts of warning that once you click, you can't go back and change it, yet there does appear to be an option to go back and modify. If this one works, I'll look at registering Henry but I think because he is a professional artist, I have to go to a different site. The one thing I'm worried about now, having done it, is that I said no to the fiscal regime micro.

Hi Sheila,

I'm with Prévadiès and have never had a problem in over three years. they're all pretty much of a muchness but perhaps someone can give you feedback on ram. Why not just register Henry as an AE too? Yes, under normal statut juridique a conjoint collaborateur pays cotisations and is taxed. Didn't even know you could have a conjoint commab as an AE! Why not get yoursalves into the system "properly" as individuals rather than ayant droit?

Just googled it and you'd be mad to go down the conjoint collaborateur route Sheila. You'd also have to prove that Henry is actively involved and working in your business and he'd have to pay cotisations and taxe. We looked at it (not under AE scheme as we'll be well beyond that soon - accountant just set up our 20 page statuts juridique for our SNC Le Jean Guillaume) and it's only really intended to cover all those farmers' wives and wives of artisans etc who used to work for free and had no statue.

Trying (again) to register for AE. Got to the part where I have to select the mutuelle. Anyone got any recommendations for the ones listed for the Languedoc? Such as R.A.M. Languedoc? urssaf server gone down so I can't access the list. Also can't find where I add Henry as ayant droit, and was warned that adding him at the top as conjoint collaborateur can result in him paying taxes as well. Please help!

Sheila, just type in enseignant ;-)

Well, this is going really well. Went to AE home page to register and fell at the first fence! I clicked the box to say I couldn't find a listing of my activity, then entered professeur d'anglais - nothing. Then tried formations en anglais - nothing. Finally entered autre formations and got to the page where I fill out my details and then everything just stopped. Just got the little blue circle on the page. Sigh. Will try again later.

Why does everybody have such a hard time of it RSI/RAM, URSSAF and so on gave us no hassles, we were merely weeks in France and when we explained we were staying in a gite for a few weeks until we could move into our house they said give us the address we will ultimately live at. My theory is that depending on which public servant one gets decides what service one receives and at RSI/RAM and URSSAF we got helpful people...

Hi Sheila,

The short answer is, Yes, but this is France and process can be long!!

Be prepared for quite a wait (mine was 20 months) for the Carte Vitale. I tried to move the process along with phonecalls to RSI Paris - all rather trying - but once I was able to contact someone directly by e-mail, this speeded things up no end.

Once you receive your paper Attestation D'Affiliation, giving the date you joined the system along with your name + DOB and that of your husband's as your ayant droit, then you will be able to send your feuilles de soins to your health organisation. You will then be reimbursed by them (approx 70%) and then with your top up health insurance, that company pays the remaining 30%.

I don't think any receipts dated before joining the system can be submitted in France but possisbly you were still covered by your previous health provider.

Hi everone. Have read all the posts here, and what it seems is I apply online as teacher, adding Henry as my ayant droit. The other option is to register as offering chambre d'hotes. Once I complete the application on line, this should get me a French tax number which I can then provide to a suitable top-up health insurance company. I wait for the carte vitale, and in the meantime, keep all receipts from doctor and pharmacie?

that'll be a nice new photo carte vitale then ;-)

I have a green card but with no photo but if they contact me that's ok! Just so I know I don't have to do anything.

Ah, that's progress for you, I still had one of the old style cards...! @Louise - is your existing carte vitale a new photo one or the old style - given what Wendy's just said that'll change things, in any case the rsi/urssaf will tell you what you need to do ;-)

Yes I changed from cpam to rsi but had a photo card already...

Wendy, in my case as I changed caisse, I changed carte too, see above, no choice due to the change from cpam to rsi. there was also the issue of the newer photo carte vitale too. Once I had the new carte vitale I went to the nearest machine to check everything was on there, kids etc and that the details were correct...!

no you dont send for your card.... you go to one of those green bornes to update it.

It is with the CPAM.

Many thanks for the vote of confidence Brian (as you say, no credit really, just years of working my way through all the paperwork!!!) and a word to cheer everyone up who has to go through the form filling nightmare that besets us every May... I've just completed my déclaration, with the additional 2042C, online and they've really simplified things for us, it doesn't take long and they even tell you how much you owe or are going to get back - nice big smile on my face as they say they're going to give me back 500 odd euros, they did last year too, mind you doesn't that just prove that they're taking too much in advance every time...!

Haha, I do not think there is any living thing on this planet that understands it. It is simply that Andrew has patiently probed his way there. My OH has done much the same and helped me on the way, once there life is easy as long as things are done within deadlines. What everybody kind of dreads is a complete overhaul. Thank goodness there are a few people like some of Andrew's ilk on SFN.

thanks for that Andrew- its nice to know there is someone who can understand the French system!

Gillian

you do if you change caisse - if you're already with the rsi for example and have been handed to them as an AE then there shouldn't be any need. in my case they sent me forms to fill out and send back with photos etc and I got the card months later.

I didn't realise I had to change my carte vitale! Do they just send it?