Are too many things being done in a buggers rush?

They weren’t being stopped for the tint, they were being stopped for the speeding,driving on the wrong side of the road and the initial failure to stop. The tint meant that the occupants of the car could not be seen and so their colour was was unknown to the police originally

Sure Mat, I don’t agree with having an illegal tint, it just it sounds like a bit of a post facto justification to me.

:wink: Sure. That’s why they dragged her out of the car? Thank goodness for mobile phones. We can now actually see what’s going on.

1 Like

Yes and the police body worn video

Funny so many cops in Maida Vale, not so many in the rough spots.

And John if you seriously think a woman could do them no harm you are living on another planet

1 Like

Thanks for that Edward. I would’t take the police statement for gospel just yet. In the succinct words of Mandy Rice-Davis “they would say that, would 't they”.

Of course you’re right that a woman can be a serious threat to a police officer but in the clip I saw that wasn’t the case. I’ve no idea why she was dragged from the car. I just suspect that if that had been me and my wife the coppers would have been more cautious and respectful.

2 Likes

“You talkin’ to me?”

TBH it didn’t make sense to me,so I wondered if David had hit the wrong button,judging by the sarcastic reply he hadn’t :grinning:

You are peddling out of date information. The story has moved on. You need to do the same.

If the police have all you say on video why have they apologised? Is there proof of a car being driven on the wrong side of the road and driving away from the police? If so post a link not something that appeared several days ago when the story was breaking.

3 Likes

Handcuffing a young woman with a baby in the car. It was by the pavement and they could see the child.
Perhaps you did not see Cressida Dick appearing before the Parliamentary Committee. Very telling.
Also another review is being undertaken.
Perhaps you did not see the programme on channel 4 News where a black Bank Manager and his partner, a high up in HR who were continually targeted and threatened because they both drove cars that the police thought that they could not afford. It had to be drugs didn’t it?
Bad apples exist but you cannot ignore them, even if the majority are honest and playing by the rules.

No harm in anybody being handcuffed for a search especially in London where a considerable amount of knives are carried. You would be shocked at how many hide knives,drugs etc in prams ,child car seats,cots etc.
Cressida Dick played semantics. She apologised for the distress caused ,she didn’t apologise for the stop search

Standards should be high, I agree. But not that bobbies should be a certain height! Very outdated, there are many great, height impaired officers I have worked with. Also the odd crap, tall ones.
Surprised about the drink driving, instant sack in GMP.

Andrew, I did say “time was”… that was certainly the case in GMP in the 70’s but not the same in the Met at the time. IIRC it was 5’8" for GMP but more flexible in the Met. The rest of what you say I agree with. Tall gangly ones are better off wearing busbies and guarding Buck P :wink: :grin:

I wonder what would have happened had the driver of the car simply stopped the vehicle, switched off the engine, got out in a calm manner, smiled at the officers, and said “Hello. How may I help you Officer ?” in a friendly way.

3 Likes

:rofl::joy:
In Merseyside I think they still has the height requirement when I applied, but it had gone by the time I joined in 91.
There was also one about wearing specs :nerd_face: at some point!
Minimum age 21 for GMP in 91, but Merseyside had reduced it to 18.5.

Because I was under 22, when I started, we were on a much lower pay grade, for our first 2 years…
How different it is now

1 Like

I think one of the other bad decisions was to close down the section houses. Always a ready supply of officers if something local flared up :grin:

2 Likes

120,000 cops employed in England and Wales. 200 bad apples represent 0.18%. Not a significent number, however, I don’t think they should be allowed to continue with a criminal record. Note speeding is not a criminal offence. Forces should be a bit more diligent, but I expect cost is a factor. It costs money to train a cop.

The BMA thinks differently…

and