Are too many things being done in a buggers rush?

If dealt with via fixed penalty - if you wind up in court and are found guilty you will, indeed, have a criminal record.

No, but it is the principle - as I think you agree judging by your later comment that “I don’t think they should be allowed to continue with a criminal record.”

It does but that is no justification for keeping someone who breaks the law themselves on the force.

1 Like

I stand corrected on it being a criminal offence if you go to court. I fail to see the logic of that, I suppose it is to get people to pay up on the fixed penalty notice. Of course high speed offences will go to court.

Fair do’s Carol but I question your “not a significant number”. If a proportion of the fruit and veg you bought from the supermarket was rotten, would you buy from them again?
Remember one bad apple spoils the (whole) barrel?

Or those that fail to pay within 28 days, or those who think they want to risk arguing the toss.

I’d think speeding should be looked at on the balance of each offence - it would seem overkill for someone to be “done” at, say, 46 in a 40 zone, fail to pay the fine quickly enough and lose their job as a result.

Graham I think you are getting 18% and 0.18 % mixed up that is a big difference

1 Like

Oups… :wink:

Hi Andrew, I’m a bit of an internet security nerd after 15 years of running my own websites. There are bots that trawl forums / websites looking for email addresses which are then sold / hacked etc. Please for your own security take your email address out of your post! If you want to share it with someone you can use the private messages safely!

2 Likes

It would have been officers, as there were four of them. Rather daunting I would think.

No need to be intimidated by the police if you haven’t done anything wrong

1 Like

except perhaps where there is mens rea of course :wink:
like in “it weren’t me bro” :grin:

From personal experience, that is not true.

Ta, I was in a rush and replied via email notification. Not on the website. Never thought the signature would auto copy as well.

A very helpful point and something everyone should know about replying to a post notification via email.

1 Like

Are you seriously saying the 119,800 are bent coppers! I think that is a very jaundiced view and one quite frankly I find bloody offensive. My husband is a retired cop and I assure you he was an honest as the day is long!!!

where did I say that?

He was having a bad day with percentages

1 Like

One bad apple…

FFS it’s an expression :roll_eyes: Some of my best friends are or have been serving officers :wink:
Just like “you can’t tar everyone with the same brush” is…

1 Like

Bet they love you.

want a bucket to go with that spade? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I suspect the immediate reaction would have been, “This one’s taking the piss!”