Are we too quick to sue someone.. UPDATE

Me neither Peter…after negotiating my body from kitchen to bathroom…one collie licking my face the whole time and one hitching a ride on my legs (!) …I was totally unable to get myself onto the toilet…my small bathroom was a little overcrowded with Border Collies by that time but fact remains that I couldn’t do it and neither would I have been able to wash my hands…x :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was thinking of should I remove my cloths before getting up on the seat or not. Thought of that complication made me quit.

1 Like

Reminds me of a time, long ago… my little niece aged about 3… very grown up… decided to take herself off to the toilet…

She came back full of excitement. How lovely and comfortable your toilet is, she chortled to her grandmother…

We were all rather mystified until grandmother went pale and explained to us that she had recently bought a pretty candlewick bathroom set…

Yep, you’ve guessed it… little niece had nestled down onto the lid… ooops

2 Likes

Great result… all round…

I have just seen this and was going to post. Just about the best that could happen

2 Likes

… “This is the reality for a lot of disabled people. You get left on planes, you get left for sometimes a couple of hours,” she said.
… Mr Levene’s experience has prompted disabled people to share their stories of using public transport, including being left on trains…

2 Likes

It can apply to the elderly too. My mum is 83 and still travels alone by train to visit family. Last time I went to Lime Street to meet her the guard wouldn’t let me through to her platform to help her as he said it was too busy. I explained she was elderly and would be waiting but he was irresolute. I tried ringing my mum to see if she could walk to the barrier but of course she didn’t hear her phone. Suddenly I had a flash of inspiration, I possess a Merseyside pass which allows me to travel in that area free of charge and there was an Ormskirk train waiting on the neighbouring platform. I scanned my pass and walked through, there was nothing he could do. Sure enough my mum was sat waiting patiently although by then the other passengers had left.
We didn’t complain, perhaps we should have.

3 Likes

So seems to me that the essence of the story is that he happily sat ‘n’ hours on a Plane, in a usual seat (not a special paraplegic seat ?), he didn’t have to wear his seat belt for take off/landing (as he didn’t want to be tied down ?), he didn’t want to be wheel chaired by someone else through the airport (but would have been happy if it was self powered ?), he crawled across the floor in a temper, he got on a baggage trolley (because they’re that comfortable and don’t have belts ?), he got into a Taxi with usual seats (not special paraplegic seats ?), and a year later complains about it. Yep, seems par for the course.

3 Likes

Had i been there i would probably have gone up to him and given him a slap and told him to shut his gob and accept the offer or leave it, but then thats me. I hate arrogant gobshites who only seem to perform when there is an audience otherwise wont say boo to a mouse.

Because it is totally acceptable to hit someone especially someone who is disabled

1 Like

Wow, you have so much rage in you that you can actually contemplate hitting a total stranger, someone who is disabled.
I think this says a lot about what type of person you are …
Thankfully our paths will never cross !

2 Likes

Much easier to say boo to a paraplegic of course. :confused:

3 Likes

It’s bizarre to me that someone would happily hit a disabled person but objects to swear words

4 Likes

Ann thank you for your psychological appraisal of my persona, which i might add thankfully is totally the oposite. Never say never !!

Well maybe if you put your photo on here then I could make sure that if I ever saw you I could cross the road !

3 Likes

OH read your reply and burst out laughing… I came to the screen and did the same… :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Neither he nor I understand the reticence of some folk… but that is their prerogative… :thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

If folk see me in my white hat… they will have to make a quick decision… fight or flight… :joy::crazy_face::upside_down_face: or in your case… stop for a chat or run away…screaming …

2 Likes

Nothing to do with the subject but can I get intouch with you Paul on a techie computer issue that is driving me mad. Can’t seem to access my previous post re. password madness and this is directly related.

I’m guessing:

PM me

I agree with the fellow’s reaction to lousy service! How difficult would it have been for the airport admin. to phone around and hire the kind of wheelchair he wanted/needed… especially as his own wheelchair had been mislaid/left behind. He did not get good service on his own behalf, but very well done him!..for bringing the matter to public notice, and …my guess is…making sure no other travellers are obliged to deal with the same lack of care.

And had I been there, you, Sytky, would remember for a very long time, the day you imagined, even for a moment, that it might be a good idea to abuse a bloke with the courage to attempt to get the service he paid for, You like being a bully? One day, someone will teach how it feels to be bullied. I hope soon, before you cause any more grief.