Are we too quick to sue someone.. UPDATE

Hey Paul we are on identical paths here! In fact it has been the latest discovery about Createspace that prompted my question as I have EXACTLY the same problem, and the dam’ codes that they and others say they are sending never appear!

I hadn’t picked up in the change to KDP, as I have had many more serious and personal situations to sort out . I have tried to make sense of the mixed signals coming out of this. I can understand them ceasing the design parts as the uptake is too low, but why suddenly change the whole Company for that? Doesn’t make sense.

Like you I am now wondering what has happened or IS happening about my books with them. I have always used the worldwide option, but the other day I was very disturbed to find incredible differences between the different regional listings and HUGE difference in offered prices - in fact some offers being made that are cheaper than my own Author copies! Half or more of my books are NOT on some of the l regional listings, and even what are shown are all over the place and not under a clear Author Title.

I suppose we have drifted off topic here, but it looks as if you are stuck with the same problem I have so I will continue with my searching and if I find anything of interest/information I wil let you know.

One thing I am doing though is looking back at Lulu.com with whom I started with and it was only the automatic amazon listings that made me change to CreateSpace and the free proof online copies. I know Lulu also now offer free Amazon listings, but I haven’t visited them for a while, so under the circumstances having more recent look seems sensible.

I don’t personally have anything to do with CreateSpace though I suspect that any password problems that you are having are likely to be worse if they have shut down the service (which seems to have been in July 2018).

More generally if a “reset password” service claims to send the link by email but nothing appears there are a couple of possibilities

One is that the user name or email you are using to log in with isn’t recognised - either mistyped, misremembered or perhaps closed down for some reason eg lack of activity. The password reset page might have been written to give no clue that the account doesn’t exist to prevent people guessing active account names by trying password resets and seeing if they get a “no such user” message.

Another might be that the email address is not what you thought it was - could it be setting the reset link to an old address - in this case chances are you will have to phone/email their support line to get things sorted.

Of course if you are certain that the password and destination for any password reset link are correct, perhaps the account has been hacked.

Finally assuming that the link was sent to the right email address, has it been mislabelled as spam - so always check your “junk mail” folder if there is one.

Hope that helps.

I have been in many situations in my life where the urge to sue has been upon me very few being health related fortunately - except one, where a Major Teaching Hospital in London took over TWO YEARS to agree that I had a damaged knee ligament. Couldn’t even get loan of crutches so used two golf umbrellas
over the period.

I wasn’t old then, but I was still surpised at how few (ie NONE) of the passengers even vaguely tried to help me getting up the steps on busses or allowed me any entry and egress space on the tube. Ultimately I did have the operation at the same hospital, following the urging of the Physiotherapist there. I should point out that it wasn’t a spurious clalm as my wife at that time was a registered and qualified Physiotherapist who they also igored.

None of this was any business or blame on London Transport, but I suppose if I had lookd hard enough some red-top rag would probably have made it an issue. However in the UK notably it is an era of promoted Litigation (No Win No Fee). Fraudulent claims are always being made forcing up the business costs of just about any business remotely dealing with the general public (which is just about all of them!)

Increased costs mean increased prices and/or charges for everyone. However the only people guaranteed to make money are the Lawyers.

Like others I find the two year gap between event and litigation highly suspect. I also hate flying, not through fear but though sheer bloody discomfort! I am not huge but even a two-hour flight is purgatory for me, and apart from being deaf I have no other major physical defects causing my discomfort. I am sure some lawer or other could persuade me that I should sue over seat sizes, impossible toilets to use etc. etc.

JL,

" One day, someone will teach how it feels to be bullied."
Been there, and got the physical and mental scars to bring home.

" I hope soon, before you cause any more grief."
mm and you chastising me !!!

I always chastise bullies…:grin:…but why do you like to PRETEND you are a bully if you are not? Looks like a psycho prob you have, to me?..c’est possible? Après tout the bad things that happened? For 5 Euros per email I will give you the benefit of my Profoundly Senior Wisdom… Doncha know there is probably NO ONE on the planet who doesn’t have the stories and the scars???.. And…further…NOT being a bully…NOT abusing power, strongest over weakest…whenever humans have the opportunity…must be one of the least practised life skills, ever… …I knew this bloke…2 in fact…ah…but that’s two of my bullies best forgotten…:joy:

Sueing…I like. !!!..why not!!! Its a lot less messy that punching someone’s teeth out. Yup…give me a nice polite solicitors intervention, every time… In fact, I never came across a single, aggressive, trouble making ahole, who didn’t back down quietly and scuttle off…when he/she/it…got one of my top fav. Brit. Solicitors letters…She is good! No Meany threats, no bad language, no blood…just very polite advice for those who choose abuse or destructive paths…to attempt to push others around and arrange their lives as preferred.

How embarrassing - and even worrying - to find myself responding to my own post without realising it!
SHI-ITE!!!.

Apologies for that, but thanks anyway for the advice, I will try and sort something out, but I have a strong feeling that having had my computer for over 12 years now the hidden bells & whistles are buggered, and I will need to get a new one - but all I see are ‘gaming’ models at massive prices, and I don’t ‘do’ gaming and see no reason to pay out mega-money that I can’t afford for stuff I don’t want. On the other hand nor do I have the techie understandingto really know what I should buy!

What’s your budget?

Probably around €400-450.

Hi Paul more directly in answer to the suggestions you have made. It is weird as I can enter the CreateSpace site and put my login name (which used to automatically open my account. Now it doesn’t which seems to confirm that the site is no longer operable - and I suppose there must be hundreds if not thousands like this.
No nothing in my junk file BUT I have just received my last month Royalty cheque from a different Amazon Account, so I checked that site which only seems concerned with music and videos, and no linkage with the books.
Bloody technology?
Plus I have bought the new LED TV and am trying to wade through the English Instructions - not easy. I haven’t connected everything yet, but the sound level seems very low even when I use the side button on the set as instructed. Is low sound usual with these things - I admit it is not an expensive one, but neither is it huge - just 80cms. I am assuming I can get additional speakers if required?

This topic seems to have gone way off at a tangent. What has sueing someone got to do with creating ones own intranet. Mind boggles :rofl:

:upside_down_face::grinning: one of the vagaries of forum life… :rofl::rofl::wink:

1 Like

Update!!! Managed to work out the TV! Amazing pieces of kit these things aren’t they?

1 Like