Autoentrepreneurs - Petition to sign

Thanks for the heads-up. This tax regime is the most practical for my new business, Mountain Leader, which I plan to launch once I have my diploma in May. I signed the petition.

Like many others I only started a business here in France because of this system. It was simple, without reams of famous French red tape and charges are paid on what you actually earn now rather than being reassessed later on. There are not less charges as they have been calculated to take into account the downside of not being able to offset any business expenses or set up costs.

A lot of people do not understand what this status means - quite surprisingly, including some AE businesses too - and lots of twisted interpretations have been bandied about especially by those businesses who are in the frustrating position of not having any incentives or tax breaks in their own businesses under other statuses. It is a shame that France has not cottoned onto the fact that small businesses are the back bone of a country's economy and employment and does not help more businesses keep running and employ people.

By the way, signed and shared!

I'm an autoentrepreneur and value the opportunity for working part time , however I don't think certain trades such as building should be able to be long term AE's as its just used as a loophole for cowboys and they undercut artisans who pay large cotisations and insurances , do AE builders have the decennial guarantees for example ?

I think the petition is too vague to sign personally

signed

When I began, we had no choice (and it was even very hard to get a URSSAF number. Perhaps when I retire on my 900 euros a month (after paying heavy social contributions for over 40 years!) I might become an autoentrepreneur!!!

Well, then, perhaps they could apply VAT after two or three years. I know a lot of people who purposely keep under the 32,000 limit (and that is the gross not net amount of course) so that they don't charge VAT. I get virtually no VAT back, particularly now that I have the equipment I need.

Done! "Liked" on FB, and +1 on Google, also. Thanks Wendy.

1317 signatures now. Signed

signed

Hi Rosemary,

I'm a freelance translator and languages teacher and I'm also an autoentrepreneur. I feel for you as I wouldn't have gone freelance under the normal scheme for the reasons you mention. Not sure if you can re-register but under the autoentrepreneur scheme? If you can I suggest doing so as it's perfect for Freelance translation work. Having said that, once the turnover gets nearer the 32,000 limit (for services) the scheme is no longer a better deal than a standard micro entreprise hence the reason for keeping it for those who want to legally earn and pay their way.

à +

...a lot of retired people and fonctionnaires are AEs and use it as a way to get a bit of extra income. I would love to be able to earn enough to not be an AE, to charge and reclaim TVA but that's still a long way off for me even after nearly 3 years working very hard. If they limited it to 2 years I'd have to give up and lose all the time and money I've put into my business then I'd probably need to claim benefits to live on and the government would lose the contributions I make too.

signed - will get hubby to do it tonight too. 1302 now. have added to fb as well & will email to my AE friends.

As a freelance translator, I have a problem with the status of "autoentrepreneurs", particularly with respect to VAT. I have to charge VAT that can not necessarily be recovered by my clients, which means my rates, for the French government and national institutions in particular, are necessarily 19.6% higher. I also pay more in social contributions. I really think that the "autoentrepreneur" status needs to be revised to take this into account. Helping new companies start out is one thing, but I don't believe it should continue after a couple of years.

completely agree and it was never mentioned at the outset!

Signed and tweeted! And shared.

Amen to that james...

Don't forget to use the social share buttons especially the Facebook one above to get the word out, thanks.

James

Signed.

DONE!!

Signed!