Autumn Budget Statement UK 2022

Here a file lifted from the FT - a first look - as an attachment without pasting all the text here so as not to bore everyone totally
Budget Mar2024 first look.pdf (61.7 KB)

The last voting intentions poll I saw quoted by Phil Moorhouse put them on course for 25 seats. :smiley:

The collapse probably won’t be as hard as that but there is a reasonable chance of them having too few seats to be the official Opposition.

That’s 25 too many IMO

1 Like

Indeed, but getting to Net Zero by 2050 is considered by many to be unachievable. :smiley:

1 Like

Nevertheless, many of’em seem to be trying…

Hi @Bonzocat

As I am tidying up and putting madame’s copied DTT form for the state pension away I thought I’d just note the details for you -

Page 1 - usual address, NI, impot address, signature and stamp etc

Page 2-

Q1 - you’ll tick no to always lived in france
2 - date you became resident
3 - date you payed tax on pension in france - presumably date you got the pension.
4 - any UK property - ignore if not.
5 - ignore - put a line through, N/A
6 - ignore
7 - tick no
8 - ignore

Page 3
Part C tick UK state pension box and enter date pension started

ignore everything else

Page 4
Part D ignore - HMRC are repaying you
Part E - think you can ignore.

Part F tick box you want HMRC to work out the amount repayable

sign and date.

Regards.

Edit -
we included a note to 'please adjust the tax code back to £12570 which is applied to XXX pension tax office ref X, personal number Y. But hopefully that will be done before you send the form in.

Thanks for all that @larkswood12. Much appreciated.

Didn’t have too much of a problem with HMRC but I needed to ring the International Pensions Office for info about my UK State Pension. I explained that I may not be able to give the advisor the security info he needed because I didn’t know what he would ask of me. He refused to let me know what information I needed to give him, sounding very unhelpful, and I had to ring off! Tried again with a second advisor but got cut off while I was talking. Tried again and eventually found a friendly third advisor who was very helpful.

I think I’ve got all the information I need now. Phew! Thanks again.

I’ve received a payslip from my former employer and I see that my tax code has been changed from 106L to 128L as promised by the tax technician I spoke to at HMRC. Good on her!

1 Like