Autumnal photography - what have you got?

The adult will bear the mark of a skull t’is the Deaths Head Hawkmoth

1 Like

I’ve only once seen a DH Hawkmoth close enough to definitely see the “skull”…
we’d seen one or two of these big-boys fluttering and were thrilled to absolutely confirm just what they were…
not seen any this year… but it’s been a strange year…

Too true! High Viz for me and the dog…Also suicidal deer on the roads at night!

We’ve had torrential rain the last few days, on and off, and it’s stripped quite a lot of the best leaves from the trees, however there’s still some colour. We managed to get to Blenheim this afternoon between showers.

All phone pix.

4 Likes

Amazing sunset

9 Likes

7 Likes

3 Likes

My vine this afternoon.

3 Likes

This morning

5 Likes

La Dordogne upstream of the barrage du Chastang.

5 Likes

This clematis has burst into bloom in the last week. It will flower right through to March, an invaluable source of pollen and nectar for insect life during the “lean” times…

5 Likes

Yam yam j’adore manger des cèpes

2 Likes

Ahh, can you see the envy in my eyes at the sight of those mushrooms !

1 Like

2 Likes

Is that Wisley Cream, Stella?

1 Like

Sunset tonight in Andalucia…

4 Likes

What are those weird black ones?

Horn of plenty or abondance in English. Trompettes de la morte in French. Very tasty also easy to air dry and rehydrate later or put dry into stews or other saucy dishes 1/2 hour before serving for full texture and flavor. You can also air dry and grind to powder to use as a condiment.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I remember the days of harvesting kiwi fruit from our 3 plants that had grown up over one of the barns at our old house - they used to take forever to go soft enough to eat ! It was always a toss-up as to when to pick them, as we were never certain when the first hard frosts would hit and ruin them :rofl: