Battle of the Breakfasts

IF we ever get caught short, and HAVE to have some sort of Macdo Breakfast... I totally refuse to use the corporate wording.

McFlurry this, or McSalad that. If I want an ice cream I ask for an Ice cream, and the serving waifs always 'translate' it into McDonaldese when tapping it into the till, as if trying to educate me! grrr

"Egg 'n Bacon Bap Please. "Right, That's one Saturday morning special Bacon McMuffin, do you want fries ( chips ) with that? NO

@ Auntie Dawn

Hair looks nice Dawn. The point of this POST is to encourage MEMBERS to make comments and UPLOAD pics of breakfasts. Did you take a pic of your ( probably 5 star ) breakfast? Huh?

I doubt it. See you at Xmas. BIsous

mmm very nice! we had a luvely breakfast in London.

Many of us came to France and assume it's like the brochures tell us.

Hoards of French trolling down to the Boulangerie of a morning to pick up fresh crescent rolls ( sorry can't spell croissants ) Yes, we think that they sit down to croissants, fresh Jus D'Orange, perhaps a lightly boiled egg...

NON the average french Breakfast comprises a Gauloise, and several slugs of that black stuff that is so pokey it would resuscitate a heart attack victim quicker than those 'iron' things on 'Doctors' "Clear"

After a few fags, more coffee, a Pastis, perhaps a Beer chaser, and a Rosé. Then, and only then, can they face the day, and climb aboard the lorry/taxi/delivery van.

GO COFFEE

'Course no decent Breakfast can get by without a few carbs. Yup we Bake our OWN bread, daily. Here's a couple of Baguettes fresh from the oven. Mmmp Mmmuum.

We DO like our bread quite crispy, good for the teeth and gums, full of roughage, and of course if there's any left over...you can draw with it.

Eric takes a break from the tedium of Vegan living. The spread is a once in a while treat ... He calls it the Calorie Counter...mm mmmm Eric!

thank you my sugar plum fairy, and a loverly dinner it was too.

MOI MOI ( air kissing... can't be too carefull I'm back on contaminated meat duty ) tsk!

there. I've liked it. your dinner's nearly ready.

I do, as a study, follow the ups and downs of the content tables ( leader boards ) here on "Wonderful S-F--N " ( please sing the jingle in your head for added effect ) I have noticed that as the sagas rise and fall, occasionally one might see similar 'content' at the very top.

I have this theory, and it is ONLY a theory, that once the top of each Table ( board )... Content; Members; Photos and Blogs are PERFECTLY aligned...and cover the SAME or similar Topics by the same authors, that, that will finally spell the end of the know world, as we know it. So... are you worried about uploading? Your Breakfast pics. Hmm?

Words to that effect can be observed here.

Be careful out there.

Just for your information, seemingly the word CRUNKLE as how to cook your Bacon and the like, is derived from the Klingon IUOBYIOO

interesting. They don't seem to have a word for Breaky,' Brekky, Breky, Breckie? however. Hmt!

Now, there's one rule we have to adhere to on this Battle of the Breakfasts Blog.

There are NO rules. hahahahahaha

Well, there are a few, shall we say 'suggested' guidelines. Please upload photos or illustrations IF you are commenting on YOUR breakfast choice. Those of you who have benefitted from an early Chrissy Pressie of a lighting kit ( and slip slops ) are welcome to upload highly professional 'looking' snaps, those who have 'smart phones' please snap away... don't let your brekky go cold, err.... unless it is a cold brekky.

Some may decide to use a simple 'web cam' which is what I use, as the CCW lady trowels in my food stuffs into a plastic Brekky Holder which I wear around my neck, whilst I am at the workstation.

Those who have no camera.. are welcome to submit a sketch. Those who have no pencils....why NOT? what have you done? eatnemall?

Anyway, we look forward to receiving your Brekky Pic and anecdotes. You time starts ...NOW

Hey, dear breakfast lovers. ( I generalize ) I hope that this threadette will become the definitive guide to Breakfasts from around Europe..and even the Earth.

From Scunthorpe to the US of A . I have breakfasted on crunchy 'frog on a stick' ( with a banana side dish ) on the slow train from Bangkok to Surat Thani, I've endured the belly bustin Full Scottish in the Athol Arms ( Dunkeld ) but none so fearsome as the breakfast with my aging aunts in der Vaterland.

Just digging out some pics. Laters.

@ JW

Yes übersmilied, indeed. I would like to think that I pioneered the use of the non-smiley.

( This social experiment, much used by co-promoter of said same Nick Ord, is designed to make the virtual world a little more 'life-like', in that with the spoken word, smilies are not needed as the 'p*ss take' is apparent and noted via intonation, a rib-dig, or context. )

It is the actual non-use of any smiley icon, or keyboard equivalent... ( not to be confused with an un-smiley which is much like a smiley, but upsidedown.. or sideways to be more accurate )

eg. for reference only ":(" the quotes ( "" ) here are not hair and goatee in a wind storm, they are merely to highlight the example.

Having assumed that a New York Minute was 120 seconds ( so good they counted it twice ) I had to Google* it to discover the definition.

NB *Google is a free to use Oracle-come-reference facility, nowhere near as knowledgable as Brian Milne or a Finn, but does come with pictures )

I hover between being pro and anti meat...depending on the time of mood.

and finally thumbs ( and sleeves ) up for the drippy Crumpet.

One final point for those who may follow this thread, Googling contravenes its T&Cs. Which have been published on the www.

Just Google it.

Hi Julie,

beuhrk!.. loved her last album ( smiley )

Is that 'virtual' food poisoning..or real? ( non smiley )

I don't know why I've become to obsessed with food right now, I'm not even on a diet.

Crumpets.Yes an ideal ( if bland ) vehicle for retaining the maximum amount of Butter. I'm trying to catch up on years of bodily abuse, having suffered the ( can't think of a word to drop in here ) of Marge.

KInd regards ( genuine smiley )

Apologies for the poor pic, it wasn't staged, just a snap. If anyone can advise how to spell Brekky? or Crunkley I would be grateful. And does anyone go to work on an egg?... I have a 125cc scooter myself. vroom

Certainly no Breky à la Higginson... perhaps a little roadside café, but hearty, wholesome and very crunkly

( not sure how you would spell that ) anyway let's have a look at your breakfast descriptions and piccys. pls

Hmmip hmmmuerr