Be interesting to hear TMs response to Boris's remarks!

Sadly that is true of all politicians but I know what you mean. We have a choice between Labour under Corbyn and the Tories under May - with none of the alternatives waiting in the wings even slightly more appealing. It’s not a choice I would offer my worst enemy.

These days I vote Lib-Dem but mostly on the principle that they haven’t screwed up running the country recently so it seems reasonable to give them a chance (I’m forgiving/ignoring the coalition debacle)

1 Like

As expected Labour simply couldn’t do it, the best they could come up with is an ‘all options remain open’ fudge.

Another wasted opportunity.

1 Like

Corbyn is intent upon a general election and yet he says he is the elected leader and must listen to his membership.
Interesting to see how that membership reacts today.
Also a huge Cabinet meeting today when TM will be told that Chequers is dead.

1 Like

As regards Brexit:

Labour    O Sun <----------93 million miles ----------> Earth o ‧ Moon    Clue

How does electing another party with no clue on Brexit solve the issue?

The one crumb is that they altered the wording so as to allow the possibility of including “Remain in EU” as an option, should there be a referendum.

The only committment was not to rule anything out, yawn.

I don’t blame Labour for not wanting to tackle Brexit (who would) but at some point if the party does get into power it will face tough decisions and frankly no one in the current leadership is up to making them IMO.

So we stumble on with a cabinet meeting and Tory party conference this week whilst the clock ticks down to the next EU summit.

1 Like

Labour just want to get through conference without egg on their faces.

Expect lots of bland stuff and little which whiffs of policy.

The Shadow Cabinet needs to wake up and recognise that with Momentum playing such a large part in the Labour Party they are unelectable.
Activists are not the electorate.

1 Like