Be interesting to hear TMs response to Boris's remarks!

Oh we don’t underestimate the ‘creep’ Pat’, or the loonies who support ‘it’.

The niqab is illegal here in France and I fully support that.

1 Like

i don’t read the Torygraph and his comments are hidden behind their paywall so I didn’t hear the article in full until PM read it out yesterday.

In context they are not quite as bad as they have been blow up to be. Are they offensive? - a bit. Are they racist - probably not. The overall thrust of his argument was actually that the UK was right not to restrict wearing of religious garb and this point has been lost in the furore.

Perhaps a wider point is - is he within his rights to speak freely, even if this offends some, as long as he sticks within the bounds of the law (eg no incitement to racial hatred). In this case I think that his remarks, though perhaps unwise, were within the law and should be protected as free speech.

1 Like

Be good if the ‘ambitious twit’, could learn not to use ‘cheap quips’ to further his probable aims, sounds a bit like another right winger, years ago, targetting a minority group :thinking:

Generally, yes. In this case I think he was making a reasonable point which has just got sidetracked in all the hoo-har.

More to do with which big mouth said it, than what was said Paul.
He has shown, he is less than ‘diplomatic’.
Foreign Sec’ :rofl:

1 Like

Oh, yes agree totally - he was a complete disaster as FS and remains a fully paid up, grade A, tw*t.

3 Likes

That would be funny Paul, if it wasn’t serious :roll_eyes:

You are right I think. He has seen Trump say many offensive things and watched his popularity rise. I believe he is positioning himself towards the Mail right waiting for the present government to implode. Corbyn is unelectable which leaves the way open for him to achieve his objective. I think he would be almost as disastrous a figure as the UK’s Prime Minister as Trump is for most reasonable Americans.

2 Likes

Not sure at all, in light of what else is on offer, that Labour would be unelectable, if they have the good sense to ‘hoik’ JC and the loony left out soon :slightly_smiling_face:

The present political landscape is unpredictable - in normal times a government as incompetent as the Tories would have no chance of being returned to power but Labour does not seem to have managed to capitalise on this.

In fact my worry is almost that Labour under Corbyn are not unelectable because I fear we will discover they have even less of a clue than the Conservatives.

I’m not sure how anybody can claim that JC is unelectable, he came very close last time and the Torres have done a huge amount of self harm since then.

JC is as nuts as Boris the dipstick, sorry diplomat, quite worrying seeing whats on offer, Vlad must be ‘in stitches’:rofl:, looking at the political stage in the US and UK. :expressionless:

Boris to face Tory Party investigation.

2 Likes

More to the point

W seem to be living through a period where what passes for morals in the political system have flipped 180o - which is very worrying because it is the sort of climate in which atrocities and excesses become normalised.

4 Likes

A fella with a wee moustache got to power, picking on vunerable minorties, only a few decades ago!

1 Like

I’m inclined to agree, Paul. If Boris had written more accurately and honestly “to me, a woman in a burqa looks like a letter box” or “when I see a woman dressed in a burqa I immediately think she is going to rob a bank”, it would be clear how his mind works, what sort of man/politician he is. A self confessed knee-jerk bigot rabble-rouser, and a third-rate intellect.

1 Like

Seems to prove what I have always thought in recent times… the yUK is fundamentally racist.

Maybe his next “good idea”, will be to build a wall around the UK !