Being called Survive France

Marmaduke, who was DG of the BBC some years ago, would have been excluded plus that actress who was another of the ones who would be so big that blah-blah-blah who was a one film wonder, are now permitted.

Another thought I am having, but perhaps it is the wine, is that this post is becoming nearly as funny as Emily's 'rule' post. Some of the funniest bits seem to be the people who take the whole thing deadly serious. I don't mean to offend anybody by saying so, just on balance looking back over the 16 pages somebody who writes satire would just plain love it.

fire it up!

I've removed homo from the list too along with hussy. It's quite a bizarre read!

An aside James - when I typed in H o m o Erectus, the first word came out H***. Does anybody use that as a derogatory term any longer and ours species is H. Sapiens, which that means we cannot write that! Er?

Yes, when I was in Norway who give foreigners free Norwegian lessons every day if they wish, I could not believe it. I dont mind the verbs at the end of German because I am used to it, it is simply the task of spelling any 'word' in German that consists of over 30 letters correctly (which they too mistype frequently) and having some officious Beamte telling you that an 'e' is missing between what should be letters 19 and 20...

We all come here with differing levels of ability to speak French and the capacity to deal with difficult officials.

You must be looking to Munich Finn, as that is what the Brit ex-pats call it!

It is a beautiful city and our daughter lives and works there.

Gruss Gott.

Just out of curiosity, why did you do that Steve?

I have removed the word from the list, should appear as written now.

Thanks

James

Can I point out (again) please that the profanity filter is a piece of software NOT a person so should anyone succeed in posting F***, B**** or T*** it would be more helpful to report it to James as an issue. Thanks.

Why Survive RSI Steve? Neither OH or I have ever had any problem with them. Some people have, all of the ones we know personally are French...

Round of applause for that one C. If this was a contest and points were being scored, that would earn you quite a chunk! ;-)

The conversation was about trying to run a small biz, not about the total experience of life in France. Everyone would accept Survive the RSI as fair comment

Spielzeuggemeindedeutschland.com - please Finn, spare us that. My German is just about as good as my English BUT German compound words drive me bananas. Merkelland, well, it is a place where I certainly have a connection myself (plus enough years contribution to the pension scheme to receive that) and my OH is well enough established with one university that if we really are ever forced to go might well be our first port of call. I hope not, we'll stick it out here and try to stay permanently.

Meaning it is a reality.

The email I got with your message had the uncensored K word, strangely

Earlier today I tried posting the F word, which was displayed in all its glory. (I then self sensored it within the 15minutes edit time)

Meaning survive is a bad thing

I don't know that area Finn, only, I guess der Eifel/Bon/Köln etc ( NE near the Belgique border ) and 2 hours North of there Krefeld /Düsseldorf ( Nordrheinwestfalen ) close to the Dutch border. I got the impression that the market has been on its knees for ages, with bargains to be had. Of course in the larger conurbations most folk rent apartments as the town houses are enormous. 41k sounds well cheap, but it's all relative I suppose. I would assume as you say East would be financially attractive. I took some pics of agents' windows where I was staying...I 'll dig them out as a benchmark.

I can't see where that happened Finn, what was the word you typed? Asterisk are added by the automated profanity filter so it was a what not a who!

It's succesful now - so why change it if its not broken ? Changing things (especially in France!) always causes more problems than its worth ! The few people who are "touchy" about the name probably do not out vote the majority below who are in favour of retaining the name.