Bercow, the man

There are many reasons for not leaving an employer like the civil service, especially if you are a career civil servant and have final salary pensions with them. Abusers like Bercow and Patel rely on this to get away with their actions, knowing people will have to make significant financial sacrifices in order to move on.

1 Like

So it is perfectly acceptable for him to bully and demean employees and he should have been allowed to do it :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Bollix, why do you always toe the ā€œparty lineā€Tim?

Different ā€œcourtsā€, different accusers and different accused. IMHO the dogs the streets can the difference between Bercow and Patel.

Nothing serves the sinecured arse lickers like a good smear. Bullyingā€™s good but sexual impropriety would have been better, if they could have found someone to make it up too. They even tried to have a go over his wifeā€™s anti Brexit sticker. Donā€™t be fooled, these are nasty people.

Do you seriously say that all the accusations and reports over all the years are all untrue, how demeaning to the people involved.
Yes he did well in his job as speaker, but it does not gloss over the fact he was a bully and does not absolve him either :roll_eyes::angry:

The inquiry found him to be a bully, if you choose not to believe that what can I say?

If you read an earlier post of mine youā€™ll see that I supported him in the way he dealt with Johnsonā€™s attempt to railroad parliament, however that doesnā€™t excuse his behaviour outside the chamber. After the inquiry findings were released yesterday all the political commentators were saying thatā€™s him done now, they canā€™t all be wrong John.

Trouble is that many join the civil service for that exact reason and are crap at their job knowing they canā€™t be fired. Local authority works in a similar way.
Not saying that some dont do a good job but those on the inside all think they all do.
From the outside looking in I have dealt with many such employees and some I wouldnā€™t pay in washers, the retired pompous old git talking about Bercow mentioned by @John_Scully being the first on my hit list.

1 Like

I canā€™t disagree with most of that, although I have no knowledge of the ā€˜pompous old gitā€™ to which you refer, and whether heā€™s a waste of space, or possibly someone who tried to keep to the rules as he was required and therefore fell foul of a man whose only interest was success by his own yardstick.

Believe what you want Tim, he was stitched up.

Itā€™s not about what you or I believe John, an independent inquiry has upheld over 20 complaints of bullying etc and the reportā€™s conclusions also said he was a ā€˜serial liarā€™. I know you think heā€™s a ā€˜smashing chapā€™ because of the way he stood up to Johnson but the report says he really isnā€™t.

Wrong again Tim :joy: in my head itā€™s all about what I believe :slightly_smiling_face: He may be a bit rough around the edges but I believe there was a campaign against him, not over his no nonsense attitude in the chamber but because he had a no nonsense attitude in the backoffice too. The smug, self satisfied ringleader on CH4 news the other evening reenforced my opinion. As I mentioned earlier, Iā€™ve broken up a couple of these self-admiration, prima donna cliques in my time. They donā€™t like it :joy:

1 Like

Smug and self-satisfied - moi?

Typically insightful comment from Gaby Hinsliff. Sorry itā€™s from the Guardian.

He could have been found guilty of mass murder but to John heā€™s a ā€˜brave heroā€™ and no one will convince him heā€™s not.

Read it when it was published, my views did not change, BTW Andrea Leadsom is stupid, sheā€™s proved that over and over.

2 Likes

Tim, Tim, Tim, :roll_eyes: Putting words in my mouth again. Just stop it will you?

Doesnā€™t fit your narrative, does it?

tim17 sometimes I think youā€™re a bit rude. Can you cool it please? A lot of this is just different generations quite natural, but general politeness and taking into account that older have simply had more time to accumulate experiences they draw on, whether right or wrong or whether your own experiences would follow the same path, would help.

2 Likes

Only sometimes, Iā€™ll take that. :grinning:

1 Like