Best weather forecast site?

Yes, ours is looking glorious right now!

Top right hand side of screen is a box with a country code in it. If you click on it, it will allow you to change it to France (and also change to centigrade!)

1 Like

Ours too unfortunatelyā€¦one greengage and one plum. Frosts at just the wrong time last year as well :frowning:

Thanks for the tip. That box doesnā€™t appear on the mobile site on my phone, but it does appear if you select ā€˜desktopā€™. It seems to offer a limited range of destinations compared to mĆ©tĆ©o-France, Accuweather etcā€¦

Once Iā€™d changed the basic country to France, I got a massive range of placenames - perhaps thatā€™s only on the desktop version though :thinking:

I use wunderground.com. It seems very accurate. The only time itā€™s been wrong was recently when the clouds full of Saharan sand passed over us.
Iā€™m trying to learn Spanish and I like eltiempo.es. You can enter places in France.

1 Like

Thatā€™s interesting Fleur - thank you! Unfortunately, when I put my local town in wunderground, it says itā€™s there, gives me the right postcode and everything, then displays a town with the same name at the other end of France! Still, I can use another less ambiguous town :S

This also works :wink:

6 Likes

And is always 100% accurate!

1 Like

I find AccuWeather much more accurate that the standard Apple/Yahoo weather in SE 47.

Love it, Lily! Thank you :smiley:

1 Like

Accuweather gets my vote too

Thanks for the affirmation of Accuweather, @NotALot and @Mark . Itā€™s useful to know whichones work out to be most accurate for people. I am now comparing all the suggestions to see how they perform today :smiley:

Ooops! In fact, after working nicely for several days, wunderground sometimes decides to choose a weather station somewhere else - a big city 100km away usually! You can move it back. Maybe it chooses weather stations depending on the frequency of reporting and/or reliability.

Windy app ? (Android/iOS)

Both wundergound and accuweather seem to pull info from weather stations quite a way from me (one from Geneva and the other for Dijon). Thus donā€™t seem that accurate. So it may depend on whether their information source is sufficiently local to youā€¦

I donā€™t find AccuWeather at all accurate for where we live!

1 Like

Glad itā€™ not just meā€¦

Accuweather doesnā€™t work that well for me either but Iā€™m pleased to have an explanation as to why! That Norwegian one seems best for my location so far but Iā€™m still comparing :smiley:

1 Like

I also recommend Windy. This is what a lot of sailors use and seems to be accurate.