Black out!

Huge storm going over! Just lost electricity, who knows how long for so if I disappear … :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I hope you are all safe!

:heart_eyes: Tory

4 Likes

https://www.lightningmaps.org/#m=oss;t=3;s=1;o=0;b=0.00;ts=0;y=44.7428;x=1.6287;z=8;d=2;dl=2;dc=0;

we’re watching it roll by us … across the western horizon on its way north…

We’re waiting for it to reach us…

Electricity back on!!! Thank goodness! The rain was so heavy I’ve had to shut the shutters! Lucky we have some battery back ups for the internet and lamps!

Proper torrential Queensland rain!!!

You may have another big storm tonight - the radar has it coming your way - stay safe.

Can see it a long way off. I guess in the Gers. Expected it here earlier.

I just heard more thunder! Have you had it or is it not the normal coming in from the west? Not even had time to look. Stupidly went to Bergerac for kebabs and drove through the strongest rain I’ve seen in years. Then drove home (wet) without the wipers even on :rofl::rofl::rofl:

We can see lightning towards St Foy la Grande

Big band coming through in a couple of hours:

@toryroo , you really do pick the worst places for storms :zap::zap::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:. Ive been using lightningmaps.org for some time here when storms are forecast, and the area round Castelnaudary seems to be a real magnet for storms. Surely not a coincidence :joy::joy::joy:

Crikey, looking at that storm on lightningmaps.org, it seems to be moving very quickly. It also seems to be headed in our general direction. Hopefully it’ll stop over Castelnaudary :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Just look at how much rain has dropped around Agen

That was one of the reasons that we didnt’ go back (well wind more!) we are now in the Perigord Blanc so get the storms blowing in from the Atlantique!

The roads around here are covered in mud and we can’t work at the 4T event today as the ground is too wet. I guess spending all day yesterday weather proofing the electric cables and covering the straw bales that will be used for seating with plastic sheeting wasn’t a waste of time after all.

Here’s the Dirty Duster after a trip around the block to put out the rubbish and visit the recycling bins:

I saw the neighbouring farmer who cuts the grass in my field from the recycling bins as he was standing in the road outside his farm with his neighbours. I drove down to check they were okay and the rain had washed a load of mud and several square meter’s worth of melons from one neighbour’s fields into the other neighbour’s yard. I guess farmer’s need a sense of humour to stay sane in the face of such things, but the melon farmer crack us all up by calmly stating it was a new melon collection method he was testing and he was most impressed that they arrived clean and ready to box in the other farmer’s yard.

5 Likes

It is important to retain a sense of humour… helps to keep one sane… :woozy_face:

3 Likes

Big storm here too, I think the rainfall was the worst in all our years in France :astonished:
All plugs pulled, lamps at the ready but electricity only lost for short time, usually worse had we had high winds?

1 Like

Stay safe all of you.
We are expecting some rain later on this afternoon, but is has turned into a beautiful day here, a lot cooler than before, but none the worse for that.

2 Likes

Yes stay safe all. Here between Toulouse and Montauban it was wet but otherwise we had worse. As usual whenever it rains the drains are backed up.

All set off by that fiery meteorite of 3 nights ago. It is believed to have landed in Brittany. Anyone there feel the earth move?

If I had I would put it in this thread :

Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! ) Link

4 Likes

Oh Mat such a dad joke :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like