Bone cancer

Just a thought, Philip, for you to consider when some of the immediate turmoil is over. Few of us are going to be near enough to pop in and see you, and hear what’s happening for you. After a bereavement people often avoid the one left behind, because the thought that ‘there are no words’ can be a barrier to any sort of communication.

Bereaved people often feel cast adrift, moving in a world of other people and everyday things, but like ghosts, unseen and untouched. I think it can help people to feel anchored in reality, and able to feel again, and grieve, if contact with others in a reasonable sensitive but matter of fact way is re-established without undue delay and without our feeling that we are ‘intruding on private grief’.

Nobody wants to be ‘the fool who rushes in where angels fear to tread’, but I hope you may bear my words in mind, because I for one, and maybe others with a lighter touch and a better sense of humour than me, would like to sound you out now and then, even if you don’t feel up to a wordy reply. If you’d best be left alone, I shall understand, and if you have any thoughts on this, let us know, if and when you are ready.

Best wishes, Pete :blush:

4 Likes

Hi Peter

Thanks your kind thoughts and words of wisdom…really much appreciated. Yes the thought of isolation, of awkwardness is a worry. So I would appreciate messages from time to time…its nice to know there are caring like minded people “out there”

Kind regards

Phillip

1 Like

Thanks Philip, we’ll be in touch.:+1:

1 Like

@Philiip I am deeply sorry for the passing of your dear wife , what a tragedy , keep your chin up Philiip to you and your children. Keep in touch with us .

1 Like

Thanks… much appreciated

Phillip

Hi carol
How are you getting on? Are treatments working?
Hoping you are ok
Hugs xxxxx

1 Like

Hi Anne Marie Things are not to bad ,every month is a waiting time to get the blood test resultats and the Pet scan
.Otherwise i am eating pretty well and my OH is a very good help.Have a nice sunday.Thank you so much for your message

1 Like

Just read this Philip,so sorry for your loss and pain,I wish you all the best and lots of",courage" for the future;
Carol

1 Like