Boris changes his hero from Churchill to Henry VIII

like I said, clever old you.

If you believe this to be the case, you must be very happy in that knowledge.

On the other hand if I thought like that, Iā€™d probably be spending all my dosh on votive candles.

Authentically mediaeval!

If you donā€™t mind me asking, do you spend much on votive candles?

obversely, of courseā€¦ well, you can fill in the gaps.

I do believe it to be the case, have you never held a new born child in your arms?

sorry, I donā€™t know much about buggers, do you?

Sorry, but most people believe that to be a simple, hopefully intended biological consequence! Cause and effect - tooth fairies, gooseberry bushes and the like arenā€™t usually relevant - although some SF posters have apparently (unsuccessfully) tested that virgin birth schtick :wink:

1 Like

I think youā€™ll find that most people consider child birth to be a miracle, its a very dangerous occurrence for both mother and child

not fan of Hot Chocolate then?

Careful, youā€™re in danger of becoming sincere!

never

thanks - big relief!

no problem.

pmsl
:laughing:

Yes, Iā€™ve a very balanced view on all that Mark. I think itā€™s all gibberish :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

its probably your age.

Obviously I agree, but I find it really interesting to see how religions or belief systems evolve. For instance for the first thousand years of Christianity, the New Testament contained fewer references to the Virgin Mary than did the Koran!

Secondly during the first millenium of Christianity icongrahic depictions of the seated Mary and the infant Jesus on her lap, were all dereived from the standard Egyptian ones of Isis and Horus. May post links later if anyone"s interested

I know Mark, but you are more tolerant and academically minded than I am :slightly_smiling_face: My only interest is the origins of this claptrap would be in how we can eradicate such silly thinking in the future :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I might be more academically minded, but Iā€™m less sure if Iā€™m ā€˜more tolerantā€™ I simply study history to remind myself how seemingly ā€˜constantā€™ or ā€˜eternalā€™ values have actually changed. As regards the future, thereā€™s self evidently a very strong worldā€™wide populist dynamic that can be attributed the masses who feel they are being ā€˜left behindā€™ and so they mere firmly embracre the seemingmy secure historical ā€˜certaintiesā€™ of the recent past .

Iā€™mafraid that it can only be through education of the young that any sort of change can be effected.

Maybe more patient might be more appropriatešŸ™‚

Iā€™ve done it a number of times and frankly miracle isnā€™t what Iā€™d call it. Hard, rewarding, emotionally intense physical work, but miracle? No.

3 Likes