Boris Johnson - liar, fraud and just plain stupid

Our MP Davd Drew came out of the expenses scandal as squeaky clean.
However, now that he is on the opposition front bench he seems to have lost any opinions of his own.

I knew Jim Prior when he was MP in Lowestoft. An honest, decent man. there’s not been enough like him… 'nuff said…

There are decent enough MPs - Jess Phillips for one but dedicated hardworking MPs don’t tend to get to get promoted to ministerial office.

Some manage to get on and up… it is often a case of the right place at the right time… oh, and a lot of honest, hard work

Jim Prior went all the way… but that was long before your time… (remember, I’m a golden-oldie)…:hugs:

1 Like

But most lack the naked ambition required to climb the greasy pole.

What they say about high office true - on no account should you entrust it to someone who aspires to it.

Of course, it depends on the individual… it would not be any help if the good ones did not aspire to be able to “make a difference” - if the opportunity arose.

Anyway… I knew him from before I was old enough to vote… so I knew the man himself… and his family… rather than “just” as an MP (who went on to become a well-respected public figure…)

There are a few good ones in every generation…perhaps

Excellent Minister of Agriculture.

1 Like

If one looks around the world at this time it is appalling to see how many cretins and chancers are in with a chance! Johnson, the man who scuttled away when he won the referendum vote - as ‘not being the man to progress it through’ or words to that effect is just one turd on the top of the fetid heap, but as others have noted probably the best qualified to lead the UK after TM. Which says a huge amount about the UK voters.
Then again here wa have Le Pen leading the field, and Trump as President of the USA, Orban leading Hungary and so the sordid list goes on.
Hard to move away from the conclusion that we deserve the Leaders we get?

BREAKING NEWS!
Amazon looks to buy deliveroo after failing Grayling offers them a £50m contact to deliver brexit

1 Like

At least Ukrainians were brave enough to elect a professional comedian!

2 Likes

The following tells you all you need to know about the current state of the Tories.

Any party which puts Boris as the candidate most likely to be “up to the job” and " competent" is deluded.

3 Likes

But look at the depth of talent! Maybe its relatively competent? Relative to say… Chris Grayling?

1 Like

If someone held a gun to my head and said vote for one of this lot I would (reluctantly) support Hunt, absent a gun I would ask for a fresh set of candidates.

I’d take the bullet rather than be seen to support any of this lot.

1 Like

or a confirmatory referendum? :crazy_face:

Referendum or not it would take a gun held to my head to support any of that crowd.

I am so stealing that line!

2 Likes

Michael Heseltine, a Tory Deputy Prime Minister, is going to vote Lib Dem in the European Elections.
He is disgusted with the Tory Party’s stand on Brexit and there is a new caucus appearing in the Tories to take them back to the centre.
I can’t help but think they should have been doing that a long time ago.

I’m trying to find the post where BJ commented on ‘spaffing’ and it reminded me of it after seeing the pictures of führer farridge covered in a banana and caramel yoghurt whilst on the campaign trail yesterday :grin:

1 Like