Branson bashing. Is this a new sport?

I am not aware that I ever said that Gates personally wrote MS-DOS or Windows, but it was his technical skill that resulted in the founding of Microsoft and made everything else possible.

Well, seems to me this thread has turned into a “new Sport”… much like ping-pong… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I reckon there are views on which we will never all agree… so unless you really want to keep playing… perhaps we might just leave it at that… :zipper_mouth_face: or perhaps not…

over and out… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Forever the voice of reason Stella

However…if someone made the bashing of Branson a real sport, I may be tempted to go into immediate intensive training…

ps “bashing of Branson” isn’t intended as a euphamism…I hope we’re clear on that

Thank you Stella.

Timothy Cole. Thanks for putting that right about Air France / KLM part ownership. It is quoted many times in Social Media, the traditional Media and at least once by me. A Google Search still shows that Air France / KLM owns 31% but much further down the search is a statement that the sale fell through.

Clearly I and a lot of other people are wrong.

Just in case anyone is still in doubt. . . . .

1 Like

Being Left-wing I suggest he has an agenda so will be a Branson Basher by default!
This from leftfootforward.org - " Prem Sikka is professor of accounting at the University of Sheffield and emeritus professor of accounting at the University of Essex. He is a contributing editor to LFF "

Bloomberg, however, has this -

3 Likes

So as you are right wing does that make you a Branson supporter by default?

1 Like

[quote=“Mark_Rimmer, post:47, topic:29712”]
Prem Sikka
[/quote] ***[P

Left or Right, Googles fact checkers haven’t found anything untrue in this post.

Why should I be “right wing”? You assume a lot.

I have avoided using labels on other posters as I choose not to presume.
Prem Sikka writes for a left wing web site so he puts it out there.

Labelling someone one one opinion alone is a tad iffy, don’t you think?

So… not a fan then? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t dislike him, think he’s done quite a lot of good, but can understand where the anger lies at the moment. I met him a couple of times back in the day. He was always quite down to earth then, but a lot less rich.

The clue to your political stance was a throwaway comment about nationalised industries. I was just asking if you will always dismiss a POV from somebody you know to have different political views. It was you that brought it up after all.

Before anyone posts again, I would just like to suggest / request that you read @james’s post about being tolerant. Cheers!

3 Likes

Surely being left-wing makes him less likely to be biased?
Since the political left and right terms arose - around the French Revolution - left-wing ideas have been closely linked with rationality, science and objectivity - and the right associated with religion, superstition and privileged interests.

2 Likes

Hi Geof, that’s an interesting point you make. I recall noticing during the Brexit debate (I’m so sorry for bringing that up) that there were intolerant/biased people both left and right and it feels like people are far more polarised now than before that. I will try not to mention the B word on a non-B post again.
Izzy x

That does not get more definitive than that!
Some of my opinions might well be shared by right wingers & some by left wingers.
Nowadays I am fairly apolitical so please don’t pin a label based on a couple of comments.

2 Likes

OK I get the message.