Brexit means Brexit means Doom and Gloom

You might be right Eddie but the (misguided) 58% are dragging the (enlightened) 48% with them. I didn’t drag anybody to France with me.

2 Likes

It wasn’t my reply ,I was quoting someone else.

Sorry missed that - I must try harder.

1 Like

If you took the goggles off you might see clearer. :wink:

1 Like

They’re not goggles, it’s a tinted visor. Part of my anti Covid kit.

1 Like

I suppose we must be grateful that we are not being governed by Bumbler Boris and his sycophants. Macron may have his shortcomings but at least he seems to have created a Gov’t of reasonably competent people.

5 Likes

Von der Leyen is speaking at 11h today. Legal action against the UK over the IMB is imminent. She spoke… a very short statement. It is the first stage of the infringement procedure.

I saw a news flash on France 24 saying the same thing.
Johnson speaks with forked tongue, he can break international law with impunity but he has prohibited spectators in huge stadia or on racecourses and let young people out onto the street at 1opm to buy more booze and continue partying in the street.
What a bloody hypocrite. How can he continue to be PM?
My MP voted for the Internal Markets Bill, so she is as bad as he.

2 Likes

As Lance Corporal Jones would have said, Bojo and Cummins won’t like it up 'em.

2 Likes

Problem is John, if the EU fine the UK, they just won’t pay it.
The United Kingdom - the place where criminals unite…

The EU could slap a cheese embargo on the UK, that would drive Liz Truss mad. The price of British cheese would plummet and her life’s work ruined.

4 Likes

7.5K jobs is nothing though, in comparison to the number of jobs in, and around, the financial services sector in London alone.

But, but, pork markets!

Thin end of the wedge :thinking:

I am so against the Brexit issue. Why does BJ have another referendum? To leave the EU is crazy and truly I do not believe it the best thing for the UK and the hundreds of thousands of UK citizens living within the EU. Forget
this bizarre idea and cancel the whole Brexit issue. If BJ honestly thinks about it - there is safety in numbers and this Brexit move will certainly be the biggest mistake the government will make - the UNITED KINGDOM - United with what - themselves? Scotland and Wales have already threatened to join the EU and that will leave Britain as one little Island floating in the channel all by itself. From one of the greatest countries on earth to a lonely little country struggling to survive. That’s just my feeling and I would wager a bet that there are plenty of people who feel the same.

2 Likes

The Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung brought on Tuesday an article about the banking problems of British Expats. It is the first time, that I read about it besides this forum.

I think many people feel the same way, but sadly the Brexit juggernaut is unstoppable. A senior Tory quoted a few days ago admitted that to continue Brexit would break the country, but to revoke Brexit would break the Party. They’ve just chosen Party over country.
Now there is no attestation of this comment, it may well be “fake news”, but I feel sure that the view expressed is quite widespread in the Conservative party, maybe even in the Cabinet itself.

I despair when I hear comments such as those quoted above. Brexit has happened, we have left, our EU membership is in the nailed to the perch phase; it is unstoppable precisely in the sense that all events in the past are “unstoppable” - one cannot push the stream back uphill.

Thus anything we do short of rejoining the EU is “continuing Brexit”, whether that is trying to (re) join the EEA, CU membership, a skinny FTA, or sticking the middle finger to the EU and throwing our toys out of the pram.

I am no longer sure whether Tory MPs are terminally stupid or vexatiously mendacious. Often I come to the conclusion that both is the best explanation.

6 Likes