Brexit means Brexit means Doom and Gloom

I learned it as 6P’s (Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance) but - as the article attests, there are lots of variations. I tend to think that adding the word “Prior” is redundant as planning usually comes first in a project.

However I doubt that any would seriously challenge that analysis of the government’s performance thus far would reveal it to be piss poor.

4 Likes

5 Likes

1 Like

Looks like “Our Dom” has decided to bugger off before the shit properly hits the fan.

Well that’s what Cameron did…

1 Like

Indeed, although with Cummings there will always be the lingering doubt that he’ll be hanging around in the background somewhere, continuing to pull the strings but with even less than his current level of public accountability (which, to be honest, is pretty close to zero anyway).

I do so sincerely hope Cummings does a Specsavers advert!

I can’t see that happening! :laughing:

1 Like

From that spelling perhaps I need Specsavers (now edited!)

2 Likes

Chickens coming home to roost… includes a spectacular piece by useless Eustace filleted by Sophie Ridge

Also of interest… it’s taken 8 years or more but Asia/Pacific has now formed the worlds largest trading bloc… (yes, it takes that long Doris!)
1 Like
1 Like

Right now no-deal looks most likely, for simple lack of time as much as anything else but Frost making non-conciliatory remarks in the past few days does not suggest that there are likely to be any concessions from the UK side (without Johnson giving political ground).

More worrying statistics here…

1 Like

Staggering

1 Like

Also staggering!
1 Like

5 Likes

So what brought about Lord Frost’s change of heart, might one suppose? Is he just a bounty hunter, a gun for hire?

1 Like

Or a turncoat, will he be fired comme Trump!

It’s a mystery to me Peter. One could suppose he’s now just following orders, as a professional civil servant, but I don’t think that would entirely explain all of his more recent statements. More likely he has been drawn into the oppositional mindset that obviously permeates the current UK government - it’s a sad fact (one I’m sure you have remarked many times) that conflicts produce their own terms: you start off with a simple difference of perspective, but gradually each side’s challenging response to the other’s manufactures a more and more extreme and entrenched conflict.

1 Like

Very well put indeed. Argument as warfare: the descriptive language around argument is loaded with the metaphors of battle: ‘defending our position’, ‘scoring a point’, ‘developing a stategy’ etc.

1 Like