Brexit - really?

Look at the religious loons who are propagating this nonsense.

Time was, I researched abstracts and went to the paper,s now much like the 200 spams per day, I have to wade knee deep in bulls$itbefore I get to the real stuff. Conspiracies involving more than a handful of people just wouldn't last for any time at all before a whistle were blown. Chemtrails, homeopathy, anti- vaccination, aromatherapy, psychics, astrology, naturopathy and the manifold suspect elements of osteopathy and chiropractic all swallowed whole by the gullible. Yet all of these are easily debunked (e.g. google you favourite pseudoscience followed by "sceptic"). Why don't people look for the evidence and the real science? Because, as the climate change "debate" highlights, there are those who thrive on misinformation and paranoia, even profit from it. There have always been charlatans I guess, its just that its harder and harder work to sort the snake oil from the genuine. But if you do the work, follow the false attributions etc the truth is out there and it ain't an X-file. Its called critical thinking.

Yes, Geoff, it is. And I have been following the debate quite closely both on TV & on forums. The leave case has become weaker in my view & having watched an article on Euronews this morning it really is coming home to me that for the UK to leave would do nothing but ostracise the nation.

I can imagine how unpopular & unwelcome UK citizens would become - "Look! There is one of those elitist brits who think that they are too good to associate with the likes of us - scoff scoff.." I find myself agreeing so, yes, I'm for staying in.

Answer this question - what has the EU done for us?

http://thevane.gawker.com/why-i-write-about-and-debunk-the-chemtrail-conspiracy-1581896346

for example, researched and well argued.

NASA is, accordingly to at least one here, a religious loon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0DUoHQrew8

Oh c'mon John look at the source of this report. It belongs to the followers of Icke and the believers in Lizards.

So David Icke has changed his name to Douglas and works for NASA

Thanks for the update :-)

Loon indeed. this is a good test for my suggestion of googling (in this case) "lithium nasa sceptic". Quite a few reposts of the same but also further info where it transpires that the so-called confession is in fact an old misquoted recorded phone call. But so many would stop with the first "news" and requote.

I should have said the promulgators of this nonsense. "Truth Perception Media" Full of lizard watchers , experts on world conspiracies by the Jews among others , Flat Earthers even.

I fear Patrick that once infected by this sort of maggot of pseudo science there is no cure and no convincing.

I know you're right, and I guess it makes me evangelical if I think I can convince them just to think properly. But part of me feels at least if I counter just this one, someone else might not slip into the dark side of pseudo science. Even my son who's a junior doctor spouts about a psychic he visited and a good friend swears by her chiropractor. I do find it so hard not to show them all the evidence and the scales might fall from their eyes - but no. Perhaps I might stop the maggot from becoming a swarm?

Yes we ve done all that and they wont send this or say to the gendarmerie they wont do it.

i think they are not in Europe. So fare well England....pity the scots will secede from her and Ireland will unify...

what binds you together then?

Not Europe not the monarchy not the right or the left... Probably the trust in one's ability to survive as free thinkers?

"... pity the scots will secede from her and Ireland will unify..."

I'm going to go out on a limb, here, as someone with family and friends in both of those parts of the UK. The Scots will not secede! Wee Nicky's support is already falling as the fact that she now heads only a minority government indicates. Another four years of her total inability to do anything but flaunt around the world pretending to be some kind of states-woman; taking lots of lovely photo-opps; blaming everyone else for everything; and turning Scotland into an Orwellian nightmare; and she will have even less. As for the province of N.Ireland - the day it re-unites with the Republic will be the day there will be snow-drifts in Honolulu! That is simply NOT going to happen.

A UK that is free from the shackles of the unelected EU Commission, will be a UK that can, once again, hold its head high in the world.

Vote LEAVE - it's the sensible, patriotic, thing to do.

https://vimeo.com/user14444354/review/166378572/11244b88d0

yes

Is UK able to stem the flow of Sharia law by seeping into the british judicial system?

something dangerous for the State here. Imagine any muslim denying the validity of English Law to judge him or her.

its OK swearing by the Koran if you are a muslim but do you want more if your religion demands it?

So christians to ne judged by canonical Law, Jews by the Thorah Buddists by their texts? Etc etc etc

yes

Is UK able to stem the flow of Sharia law by seeping into the british judicial system?

something dangerous for the State here. Imagine any muslim denying the validity of English Law to judge him or her.

its OK swearing by the Koran if you are a muslim but do you want more if your religion demands it?

So christians to ne judged by canonical Law, Jews by the Thorah Buddists by their texts? Etc etc etc

Free movement across borders. I would be worse off now if i had stayed in my native France in the seventies. UK gave me jobs a husband and a wealth of cultural goodies plus their precious language. It should continue for the next generation.

Perhaps UK should create its own brand of EU if there is Brexit....

Free movement across borders. I would be worse off now if i had stayed in my native France in the seventies. UK gave me jobs a husband and a wealth of cultural goodies plus their precious language. It should continue for the next generation.

Perhaps UK should create its own brand of EU if there is Brexit....

And not forgetting our beautiful English food....

"The seventies" was the decade, was it not, in which the UK joined what was then the EEC, and which we were informed was nothing more than a trading block, and that - according to the treacherous Heath - our sovereignty was not in question. He later confessed that he had known all along what the goal was, but knew that to tell that to the British people would have guaranteed a resounding "No" in that referendum. However, you could have moved to the UK even before the EEC, never mind the EU. There will still be free movement of people - it will just be that passports may be more carefully scrutinised - and that will be no bad thing! Actually, I miss all the national stamps that are on my first passport, and will be happy to have my new UK passport thus stamped again at every border that I cross.