Brexit.... squeaky bum time

I think the UK and US have led race to the bottom though. Neither Bojo nor Trump have any, any interest in improving the lot of the average Joe. I know that thugs like Erdoğan, Orbán and Kaczyński are a worry too. But so far I don’t think they have set out to deliberately damage their countries.

1 Like

Interesting point Pete. I allow myself to view political events in France with a certain detachment, even though they impact me far more than events in the UK or Ireland. I feel that I’m a guest here and it’s up the the French to manage their own Country. However I feel more ownership of events in the UK and Ireland.

Yes, John, my thoughts too. Although the admin and registration systems here might seem to grind ‘exceeding slow’ at times, I acknowledge and am appreciative to the European nations who have gone the extra mile to accommodate those of us considered as something as an afterthought or irrelevance by the UK.
They have been put to a great deal of additional work by this, especially the prefecture staff, and we should be cognisant of that.

2 Likes

You’ll be telling us next that you follow the UK ‘tier restrictions’ rather than the curfew etc set by the French government. :grinning:

1 Like

I just do what I’m told to do my my wife Guv. :slightly_smiling_face:

So you have handed over your brain.
How are we sure that it is you posting here and not your wife?

The UK government was seeking better arrangements on fisheries after making a concession on fair competition.

Looks like the UK has blinked on the main issue - but is trying to salvage a presentational success on fishing.

We need the deal, thin though it is - but I wonder if it will be the undoing of Johnson’s premiership.

If this is the shape of the deal it won’t be popular on the right - at least among those capable of thinking it through - as escaping single market regulation was their whole ideological point - they don’t really care about fish.

From what I have observed, Kaczyński makes Johnson appear a paragon of virtue.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Polska/comments/jgj8yy/how_pis_destroyed_poland/

1 Like

IMO that would be a win win. An agreed basis to move forward on and a toad removed.

1 Like

Yes, it’s not good. Let’s hope Polish women sort him out and that the gutter swimging, gay homophobe hypocrite Szajer damages Reichsführer Orbán’s national credibility.

Except there’s a chance we’d get Gove :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

True, maybe better the clown you know.

In the true spirit of forgiveness and reconciliation, I have extend the olive branch to my fellow Telegraph subscribers…

"John Scully

14 Dec 2020 1:39PM

Wow, we are cracking up here in France. EU 1 Bojo 0"

I suspect I will get some response.

3 Likes

She’s a rather nice, reasonable person Jane, nobody could accuse me of that :slightly_smiling_face:

Actually, I meant she keeps on top of restrictions and attestations etc.

1 Like

I am glad to hear that.

It might make your life easier Tim if you let go of your notion of what Survive France should be about and relish what its contributors want it to be about.

Just saying :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

You mean join the flock Peter.

1 Like