Brexit Vote, what next!

Over half a million now - currently running 1500 votes a minute.

Obviously one vote is not necessarily one individual - you can vote as many times as you have email addresses but that’s pretty big as far as these things go, but not (yet) as big as “Ban all ISIS members from returning to UK” at 580k votes.

Guesses where it will end up - I’m going to say 1.5 - 2 million. Any other offers?

Parliament would be required to consider having a debate on this now as it’s met the criteria but getting An actual debate on it is another matter!

Parliament will consider this for a debate

Parliament considers all petitions that get more than 100,000 signatures for a debate

The problem is when?

1 Like

You can contact TM.
Google contact the Prime Minister and tell her office just what you think of her.

That would be a waste of time.

But it’s probably time to email my MP again, will do so tonight. It will be instructve to see where the petition has got to this evening as well.

I’m also back to thinking I’ll join the march, I’m still not very in favour of a further referendum but I’m more in favour of it than blowing out without a deal.

3 Likes

Over 580k now and 104,954 “signatures” in the last hour!

It now looks like the largest petition on the government’s petitions website.

3 Likes

The more the better.
It really is time to stand up and be counted.
It could well show the waverers that they are not on their own and perhaps find their own voice.
You could march for all of us on SFN.

1 Like

Hmm, petitions site is “down for maintenance” - how convenient :rage:

Apparently so many people are refreshing or just leaving the site page open to watch the numbers climb it has crashed the site.

Oops :blush:

It worked ok for OH just now.

679,922 just now…

1 Like

693,657 just now with OH

1 Like

I think the stress of the last few years has finally sent TM completely mad. She is like a woman possessed unable to see anything but ‘her’ deal. I suppose a weaker person would have crumbled long ago but she needs to go even though I have no idea who her replacement could be. I have no idea either what will happen now but wondering whether next week MP’s will vote down her deal again (if Bercow let’s it go forward), as after last nights debacle she seems to have made more enemies than friends in the HoC, the EU then insist on a long delay and TM resigns. After that??? God knows and he’s not telling.

1 Like

I was hoping to as I have had to pop back to UK for work - unfortunately I can’t - it does make me wonder what can I consider more important but I cant get there.

800k now; when the site is up that is - it has rather been in yo-yo mode this morning.

1 Like

Apparently, part of the problem is that so many people are going back to the site to check the number of signatures!!

1 Like

when I try and go back… it tells me 502 Bad Gateway, so I’m leaving it alone. We’ve both voted… wait and see at the end of the day perhaps…:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Apparently nothing galvanises the population more than a deeply unpopular prime minister telling the masses that she’s on their side.

She should go, but the alternatives are immeasurably worse. I never thought I’d get to the point where I actually thought Jeremy Hunt was a reasonable choice for PM.

Oh, nearly 840k now

1 Like

885,000 now.

1 Like

it’s probably down because everyone who’s voted keeps going back to see the latest total

1 Like

Perhaps @Peter_Goble can comment in his capacity as a mental health authority but isn’t TM showing signs of megalomania?
She’s acting like a tin pot dictator. Who can remove her?
The Queen has the power to do so (but won’t) so again I ask, what is the point of the crown?

1 Like