Brexit voters march on capital

I think you are being far too polite about JRM.
He is a multimillionaire and does not give a hoot about anyone less fortunate than himself.

1 Like

I came across this todayā€¦have never heard of him so canā€™t vouch for his credibility but then neither can I vouch for the credibility of any of the dailiesā€¦

I was actually researching A.T Fomenko and Atilla Flinck and the Hungarian language and the connection to the original people in Australia and how or if it all connects to Tartaria and Atlantis and Lemuriaā€¦So only the Great Goddess knows why ā€œHalā€ turned up in my searchā€¦ x :smiley:

http://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/news/u-s-national-news/2855-dear-god-they-caught-them-all-putin-gives-trump-160-terabytes-of-communication-intercepts-all-people-behind-fake-russia-collusion-false-flag-chemical-attacks-in-syria-sabotage-of-brexit-nefarious-clinton-activities-more

The guy has no credibility.

One of the reasons not to move to Somerset if they can return an MP like that.

The way itā€™s going JRM culd well be the next PM.

Or the subject of one!

1 Like

Iā€™ve been thinking about the above point - this is only a good thing, if one accepts that we are inevitably leaving (odds are that this is now true butā€¦).

If we were to be obvious later this year or early next that we had no deal and would hit March 2019 without the buffer of a transition period it is just possible people would wake up to the possible consequences and that would put enough pressure on our broken political system to force a crisis - at which point we might seek to put back the exit date and/or seek a less disastrous (in the short term) path such as EFTA/EEA membership.

Once we hit March 2019 we are out and the only way back in probably involves embracing the Euro and Schengen fully - weā€™d have to be desperate, I suspect.

The EU have said that citizensā€™ rights cannot be guaranteed if there is no deal.
Perhaps Nigel Lawson c ould have a word with JRM and remind him of how much concern and worry this is causing to his fellow citizens, only second class of course.

I thought that was in the bit already agreed but it is, indeed, worrying

Unfortunately, I heard JRMā€™s voice on Radio 4 this eveningā€¦

Had to pull over in the car as I nearly vomited! That odious piece of dog t**d simply dismissed all criticism of his points of view as ā€˜silly scare-mongeringā€™ - it is abundantly clear that he will settle for nothing less that total, utter, hard Brexit.

It is time that PM May dismissed ALL her issues with her party and put the needs of the Country first. Time for a Government of necessity methinksā€¦ It is time this vital and most important item of business was put in the hands of a Coalition from all parties. Maybe I am thinking this too simply and it just cannot be squaredā€¦

First there has to be an agreement of what the country needs. In Mrs Beetonā€™s cookbook the recipe for Jugged Hare began ā€œFirst, catch your hareā€¦ā€

Rees-Mogg believes the country needs unregulated, unfettered capitalism red in tooth and claw and close ties with Trumpā€™s USA. I donā€™t, and itā€™s as much my country as itā€™s his. That circle is never going to be squared, I reckon.

1 Like

I heard the same programme and indeed that simpering idiot when faced with the problem of citizensā€™ rights in UK said that people would not be thrown out of UK.
When pressed about the likes of us living in other EU countries, he did not answer.
Disgusting.

The best  that you can say about JRM is that he is a fantasist who, having reached a position of some power and influence is prepared to pay any cost - or rather have his country pay any cost - to achieve his dream.

His plan, such as it is, seems to be to leave at all costs, with no deal, and to sort things out later. If it goes badly, blame the EU (or May, or Corbyn just as long as he doesnā€™t have to accept the blame for his actions).

Indeed there seems to be a political atmosphere where (especially right wing) politician see no connection between their actions and the consequences of those actions and have no intention of taking responsibility for anything. Light the blue touch paper and stand well back.

Unfortunately I donā€™t believe JRM is that stupid or naĆÆve.

I wonder whether that will remain the case if ever, <deity> forbid, he gets into No 10.

Nigel Farage will sooner or later become a Tory MP, he will no doubt re stand as a UKIP MP first. His chosen Tory leader/PM is JRM.
Worrying times indeedā€¦

Not sure I see that ( though anything is possible) - heā€™s having too much fun with his new US chums isnā€™t he?

Maybe if JRM was leader - Farage is on record as sucking up to him, after all.

Nige did an interview on Talkradio a few days ago saying he would re present his candidature for UKIP and maybe stand as a Tory candidate in support of JRM.

Missed that one. Maybe his new US chums are not so chummy. I did once say (partly in jest) that we should have JRM as PM and somehow get Farage in as deputy but only so that the mob knew where they were when they discover the real effect of leaving with no deal.

1 Like

Weā€™re already seeing the blame-shifting:

I would remind Mr Oā€™Neill that it is the likes of JRM that want no deal, not especially the EU.

But it is an odd confusion of ideas isnā€™t it, almost classic doublethink, simultaneously he criticises any offer the EU might make because it would (necessarily and by definition) make our links with the EU closer than in a ā€œno dealā€ scenario and also blames the EU for the fact that we wonā€™t agree to any of them.

Total, pure, Brexiteer fantasy that the EU would just accede to the demand that we get everything and give nothing.

It does all seem to be a complete horlicks !

The last few days in Limoges has seen the appearence of some interesting posters

frexit

So, JRM has (effectively) admitted that the benefits of Brexit could take 50 years to realise.

F***wit - heā€™s not prepared to resign as an MP if the economy tanks and itā€™s OK to deride the idea that one might boil a complex situation down to a yes/no answer - unless doing so fits his desires.

[there exists the possibility that he didnā€™t say quite what he meant - tough, Iā€™m afraid]

1 Like