British driving license exchange/ ANTS website

There’s a rumour that UK driving licenses will still be valid in France from January 1st but holders will have to drive on the lefthand side of the road. Is this true?

1 Like

Well thats a good excuse if you do. :slight_smile:

1 Like

How long is a piece of string? We’ve been waiting since 30 July and it’s not moved on in the process at all, still ‘under investigation’. Some people have been waiting 2 years others get theirs in a matter of weeks. There is no logic to the way applications are dealt with regardless of whether your license has expired or not.

I applied at the start of June,just had notification that had to replace the Justicatif de domicile and asking for a medical certificate .First I’ve heard of needing this for a simple Permis B? Isuppose they don’t come across many of the old UK paper licences these days .

I applied in January, forms returned in March & told ‘you have to do this online’. Sent new application in March, came back in July ‘you’ve not filled this bit in properly’. Sent another in July & since then nothing. Says ‘under investigation’ all the time. Have written under the ‘contact’ form but you always get an ‘automated’ reply that ignores what you have asked about.
Meanwhile UK license has expired (but apparently has an extension.
Which is good as I have no idea what (if anything) I can now do??
T

Beth… you are in the system… little to do but wait…

1 Like

Thanks Stella, The only thing I am concerned with is this which appears under the ‘what is my status’ section.

WARNING ! Requests are deleted after 6 months ( regardless of their status ).

My last application was at the end of August so I will not panic till the end of January now!

regards