British Embassy Outreach event

The Attestations d’Accueil question was raised a couple of sessions back but the answer was predictably woolly along the lines that it was for the French to decide and they really couldn’t comment (something like that, anyway). Definitely worth asking again I would think as the regime may have changed its rather evasive approach now that they have a new Ambassador… just possibly… :thinking:

Anybody know when the next event is scheduled for in October…I don’t ever seem to be able to get the date

The latest Voisins Voices plus the government website are still referring to the 7th September session. I wonder if we’ll hear about the next one before it is over? :smiley:

Anybody know the date for the October one?

It still doesn’t seem to be declared anywhere, John! We’ll probably find out after it has happened :smiley:

There is one tomorrow, register here

:loudspeaker: Still have questions about applying for residency in France before the 30 September deadline?

Come ask our policy experts at our online event for British citizens on Microsoft Teams!

:large_blue_circle: Wednesday 29 September from 6PM to 7.30PM:

Register now :point_down:

Good grief Jane - as of a couple of days ago, they were still only referring to the one on 7th September on all the Embassy/UK government sites :roll_eyes: They don’t believe in giving people much notice do they? Perhaps they don’t want anyone there :rofl:

Perhaps the Embassy had thought they’d only need to run them till the end of June 2021 as that was the original final date for any UK citizen to have applied for residency?

Tbh I would have assumed they’d have stopped doing them by now for this exact reason, if they decide they were worth it by whatever metrics they use perhaps switch to doing a couple a year or ad hoc when an event happens that demands it, but from the point where people have a CDS and exchanged driving licence there may not be issues that affect enough people at a macro level that it will be worth it and it may just be better for people to contact them directly.

There may be a steady trickle of people with issues accessing visas, healthcare, post Brexit CdS’s, and all the other french administration. British people are still moving here! So something like a regular first Thursday every two months q&A session for people planning to move, in the process of moving and just having moved could have some take-up?

They’ve been having the things every month for a very long time now. I’m somewhat puzzled why, when the huge influx of problems must be dying down a bit, they decided to have one on the 29th September when the last one was on the 7th September, and with so very little notice :thinking:

Perhaps they want to make sure people know end September is no longer the deadline.

1 Like

Possible I suppose…

Missed most of it, and just caught last 30mins which was pretty feeble. Far too many ‘“we think but don’t know for sure”……which is useless!!

Did anyone get anything meaningful?

A lot of it was indeed feeble and many of the questions were either rephrased to mean something a lot easier than people were actually asking! Most of the responses were of the nature of “look at our website” or “follow us on social media” but there were several aspects that I found interesting -

*There were at least 2 questions that indicated that the questioner thought they didn’t need one of the WARP cards either because they have an EU one that hadn’t yet expired or that they had applied for a CdS on paper, not online, in 2019 and hadn’t heard anything

• A number of the questions had moved on from getting the cards to the rules/ restrictions on moving family members across from the UK this year or next. One factor I thought was interesting was that some people referred to having their partner across to join them so there was discussion on what the French government would consider a “durable relationship” for keeping the family together. I had assumed marriage or civil partnership but the implication was that people who were neither of these but could demonstrate that they’d been together since before 31/12/2020 and that it was a stable relationship might well also be ok.

• Following on from the above, there was a question by someone who had arrived in 2021 but had a WARP card on the basis of his mother already being in France before then. He wanted to know if his partner could now join him since he only had a WARP second hand so to speak. It flummoxed the expert!

• A question by someone who had problems with getting a CV because CPAM were insisting seeing a CdS (which hadn’t arrived yet) was answered by saying that the Embassy had talked to the ministry of the interior about this and the email attestation of having made the CdS application should be accepted.

• Lots of standard questions with standard answers about driving licences. Nothing new there as the situation is now very clear.

• Many many repetitions of the fact that the application site for WARP cards closes on the 30th (today) but that the date for having to possess a CdS had been moved to 1/1/2021. If employers or whatever were asking for a CdS the attestation should be enough and the interior minitsry would be updating its website to say so shortly.

That’s about it I think but others may have noted more…

1 Like

That was the reason given for date change and short notice and to link with decree that CdeS deadline for possessing an actual card is now the end of the year.
And even now there are apparently a few people who think having a EU card meant they didn’t need to apply!

And my question was answered…if you have a S1 as an OAP ! then producing your S1 when in the UK will get access to normal NHS services but for travel outside France in EU requires another card…its name and details escape me.

Yes you need to phone Newcastke and they issue you an EHIC going forward which is a special type of EHIC just for S1 holders. We don’t get the GHIC apparently.

Hmm… what about those of us who do not have a copy of the S1… mine was handed to CPAM in the year dot… long before folk on forums were advising us to take copies… :roll_eyes:

I have my new EHIC card issued by UK last year/this year (forget which) for other EU countries and reckon lack of S1 copy might just be the final reason for never going back to UK ever again…

I decided yesterday that I would ask DWP for a copy of my S1 - I do have one but it’s in the old format and is not terribly readable. My partner’s newish dependency S1 is very smart! The pretext I am going to use is that mine doesn’t have quite the right address on it and doesn’t give my maiden name where it should. I think, in your case @stella, I might say that I’d lost my copy (which is true, with “lost” meaning"don’t have it any more")
However, never setting foot in the UK again is also an option :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like