British Embassy Outreach event

Idiot question : IIRC on the previous British Embassy Outreach call someone said we are only allowed to upload 1 file on our WA application?

What tools are people using to combine pdf’s and scans / photo’s of documents into just one file to upload? Is there a size limit to the file that can be uploaded?

I used to have Acrobat Distiller that enabled me to do this, but an automatic Adobe update obliterated that feature. Is there anything else I can use?

Most fields have 1 field, some have multiple, it’s a little odd, I forget which though.

I use Small PDF. It has a good selection of tools.

5mb I think?

1 file per section not for the whole application.

You really do only need to put one thing for each except in some circumstances. Do be careful about giving too much, I heard of one person who got questioned about being fraudulent as they had given too much information and the pref found it suspicious!

Most have one as they is all they really want. The proof of domicile has 3 because those that need to use an attestation d’herbergement also need to upload the signers ID and proof of domicle.

1 Like

Scan multiple documents into one PDF?

Thanks @kirsteastevenson and @toryroo . Sadly @NotALot I don’t think the printer I can find out of the two basic Canon printers I’ve got, s**'s law the one I’ve found doesn’t seem to have the scan option.

You know I think today is the first day I’ve ever missed one or two of the swanky corporate offices I used to work in. They always had (someone else’s) photocopiers with really good scanners that just uploaded stuff. Grrrr…otherwise I don’t miss office life much.

1 Like

You can always use the print to pdf option if you’re using windows 10 - not sure about other operation systems

Can that combine several .pdf’s into one file though, as that would be the objective.

Yes you can combine PDFs, you can get a piece of software to do it or find a website that will do it.

I’ll be trying Kirstea’s suggestion but wondering if there were any others. My version of Adobe Distiller that did it got overwritten by some random Adobe update and I don’t have time to solve this problem other than by finding something else that works to combine multiple .pdf’s into 1 file unfortunately

I use a portable app (can run off a USB stick) PDFTK Builder which can split and combine PDF files.

It can be found here>> PDFTK Builder for Windows - Download it from Uptodown for free

1 Like

Ta @Nigel-at-BUF-House

Yes, smallpdf works very well

There’s also PDFSam:

And dont’ go too mad attaching everything, in general one document per section is all they need!

1 Like

I can understand that, one little concern is that if a Prefecture emails for more information and its nor seen for whatever reason I understand that they (Prefecture) unlikely to follow up to find out why no reply to the query has been received, so is not a call to find out why nothing has happened as say (in our case in 22) in the last five months would be justified.

Yes it has been a while, you could email back to the same address and just ask for confirmation that they did recieve your mail. For things like that I always choose the ‘delivery status notifcation’ and ‘return reciept’ so you know a/ if it has been correctly delivered to the address and b/ when they have read it (assuming they will click on the ‘ok’ to do this!).

I have a feeling that some kind soul posted recently saying that there was a page for the Cotes d’Armor prefecture which gave an update on how far they’d got with the applications and it looked like they were just doing the November ones. If I can find that post, I’ll quote it…

Here you are @strudball

1 Like

I wish all prefs would do this - just fab. I’m going to see if my colleague can ‘encourage’ some more to do this!

Could you start with Manche please @toryroo :rofl:

Any hope for Lot?