Broadband speed limited since Sunday evening

by tiny-model antenna do you really mean router?
Presumably, the laptop is connected by wifi as there no ports in use on either router. Have you a sim in both routers?

If you post again without first changing your name as per our terms and conditions, clearly stated during the sign up process, your account will be suspended.

1 Like

Iā€™ve already given my true-name/true-address to get connected. Now, YOU go ask the people who run this site to give you my name! OK?

Iā€™m not playing ā€œsilly gamesā€. And, believe me, I DO KNOW THE LEGALITY IN FRANCE IN MATTERS REGARDING THE INTERNET. No site can oblige a user to employ their proper-name, and if they do the French authorities will be all over them. (Which is why, when you buy anything on-line, your name is shielded by means of a 3rd party intermediary site that handles credit-card payments.)

Btw, why would anyone want to know someone elseā€™s name? Just what is the added value, pray tell. Should two individuals want to meet-up, they can do so in private!

Or, tweak reception by adding a better antenna with much more height

The problem is that you canā€™t get a 4G internet box if the service providers consider that you live in a white zone. 4G reception is usually quite good here on a mobile but nobody will give us a box.

Yes, been considering adding an external antenna such as this one and may get round to it (eventually).
That said, the Bouygues website suggested I was in a ā€œwhiteā€ area but I ordered anyway and found the signal to be more than adequate and better than the Orange internet offering we were using.

You really donā€™t seem to have understood what this site is about but to keep contributing I would suggest you follow @james request.

1 Like

@Mat_Davies I think he now hasā€¦
Ooops - on reflection he didnā€™tā€¦

1 Like

Exactly the choice is simple.

None of the site owners nor admins have had any contact with you as far as I am aware. It is a requirement of membership that you use your real name. As you have chosen not to do so I am suspending your account. If you decide you want to continue with your membership then feel free to contact me via DM, this option will still be available to you for 24hrs. Youā€™ll also need to drop the attitude :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Surely, at the very least the last bit is ball cocks - while 3rd party sites are normally used to handle payments it would be a little daft to hide your name from the vendor - who normally needs it to be able to post whatever you just bought.

Neither are James or Cat forcing anyone to have their name displayed on tā€™ internet - while they require users of SF to so do, nothing obliges anyone to sign up with SF (or actually post if you do). Obviously GDPR imposes some obligations but SF hardly processes a lot of personal data.

I wonder if Mr Bloggs has a Facebook account and whether he complained about their policy of generally insisting people use their real names.

3 Likes

Well, disobey @james at your perilā€¦

1 Like