Business Owners chat (no specific topic in this thread)

hello, I wonder if anyone knows if UK hygiene certificates are accepted to handle food commercially in france? I ask because it costs about £80 to do a level 5 certificate in the UK (which we already have) and 349 euro to do a level 1 in france. We're starting a mobile takeaway

Just sorting our Christmas Tree list for this year James

Is anyone running Christmas promos for your products or services this year?

Thanks for the contact Brian-I've just signed up

Our first accountant obtained the siret number from Ensee but they

gave Ensee the wrong profession details. So we have to get it changed.

Would that be the responsability of the old/original accountant as the new one charges for every breath he takes on our behalf....RIGHTLY TOO.But the original accountants have made a real mess.

Just wanted to let you all know that we are now finally up and fully funtional.

We have a 350m2 showroom filled with all your hearts desires in flooring, if it be Carpet and underlay, Solid wood,Laminate, Vinyl, Artificial grass, paint or made to measure blinds for the windows we have it in stock or on a quick turnaround order.

Free on site surveys and estimates.

Find us on Facebook or directley on our site :

Carpetman France / www.carpetman-france.com

Look forward to seeing you soon.

Steve

(with a smug grin....) we just got our three-star (hotel) rating!

Hello,

I'm the co-author of a new comedy tv series we're trying to get made about how to become French - all those cultural differences you didn't expect - and that you love to hate or hate to love...

There are links below to pages about the project and to a teaser. All feedback is welcome, as are ideas/stories/suggestions on funny problems you've run into in France. As business owners here you may well share our frustrations...

Here are the links :

Paris I Hate to Love You

http://www.facebook.com/ParisJeTaimeNonPlus

Please join my new group http://www.survivefrance.com/group/social-media-group

Everything about social media (Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Blogging, LinkedIn, Pinterest, StumbleUpon etc. etc.)

See more about me here www.xeeme.com/jorgenpoulsen

Good luck Steve with your new venture. I am in my 5th year of business here. It has certainly not been easy, but with determination you will make it and it will all be worthwhile. Any questions you have, please post to the group, I am sure there is someone that will have an answer for you.

Can I wish all the members of the group a very merry christmas and a wonderful and prosperous 2012!

Hi Steve,thanks, Always enthusiastic, must be the nerves

Good luck Ron.

Luckily there are quite a few people who have been through the mill, as it were. So you have had some sound advice. It will be an exciting 2012 for you and you seem a very enthusiastic person, I am sure you will do well.

Firstly let me salute you all, for managing to trade here. After 10 years in the wilderness, I am about to become an AE, thanks to some very handy pointers from fellow SFN Members. I feel much more confident now, and more so knowing that there are those here who know the ropes, which without support would probably be knotted around my neck. GULP, here goes.

French Classified offers business advertising in one region in France from just 10 Euros a year. From 30 Euros for all regions.

We also offer free property advertising for a small private advert.

For more information please visit our website HERE

thanks chrissie will give him a call

Jo, have you tried the guy who has the restaurant in Ste Maure de Peyriac? I've been to two weddings he catered - they were excellent - but it was a while ago so not sure if he's still doing it.

Anyway, his name is M. Duffau and I think the number of the restaurant is 05 53 65 61 00.

The wedding venue where we require catering is chateau de lisse which is situated in between mezin and nerac www.chateaudelisse

Hi, Jo, it might be a good idea to mention the area.

DESPERATE PLEA - Can anyone recommend a caterer for weddings ?- must be able to cater for maximum of 80 guest

thanks