Business Owners chat (no specific topic in this thread)

Perfect excuse for christmas shopping - Just wanted to let you all know about a Winter fair being held on Thursday 1 December - 10am to 6pm at Chateau de lisse, lot-et-garonne there will be over 30 stalls with gifts, cards, flowers, wine, accessories - 3 course lunch being served for 12 euros a head - plus Christmas carols to get you in the festive mood ! let me know if you would like a stall - only 20 euros

Hello to all of you who took us up on the free month on the business owners page, the month has expired now, for those of you who have not already, please can you let me know if you wish to continue with you adverts on SFN or not? For those of you that have already contacted me, you don't need to do anything!

Thanks

James

Gillian, please post that in the renovation group.

I really need some advice from a plumber or someone who has installed a heating system in their house. We have a house on the Aude/Ariege border and after 22 years of owning the house are finally installing central heating. We have been told by our plumber that adding anti-freeze rust inhibitor to the system will invalidate the guarantee of the boiler and that they don't do such things in France. Since we are not always in France during the coldest times we feel that it is necessary to stop the radiators freezing. Does anyone have experience of this - I would welcome your input.

Hi Pam,
These limitations have been brought in precisely to stop people using the AE as avoiding paying for health insurance. The problem is that if your income is very low, the authorities may start looking at your lifestyle to see how you are managing to live on zero income. Although many of us live on very little, the authorities seem to be more suspicious of foreigners unfortunately.

The figure of 3000€ is correct, that’s why being self employed is so difficult in France.

As a follow on, your social security does expire after a certain length of time once you stop paying into the system but there are different lengths of time depending on your situation. If memory serve me right it is about 2 years once you leave full time employment but I’m not sure about the other situations.

Crikey, the private health insurance was cheaper than that. So am i right in thinking that they would be expecting something around that figure of payments over a year to keep it going and stay an AE? It seems a lot for part time work.

Hi Pam, Derval is correct in that they change your regime - but then you become instantly enrolled in €3000 of compulsory social charges per year in the new regime.

Ohh strange, yeah, I never heard of an expiry date either. Sorry, don’t know about that…Good luck.derv

Hi Derv, thanks for that, i’ve been getting a bit worried, When my carte vitale finally arrived, it only took about 4 months, it had an expiry date for a year ahead, i understand they don’t normally have expiry dates so my friends and i presumed that they were giving me a year to get some income. I hope you are right :-). Pam

Hi Pam, I am an auto entrepreneur also-there has to be no activtiy/earnings for 2 years before anything happens to you and then they change your business will be changed to a different regime, but they don’t take away your carte vitale-as far as I understand once you have a carte vitale you always have one. The only impact of your earnings being zero is that after 2 years your regime is changed. Hope that helps. derv

Hi, I’m after some advice. I set up a small business as a dressmaker under the auto enterprise scheme, work has been patchy and more off than on really. I sent a nil return the first time, and paid about 60euro’s tax with the second one. Now the third one is coming round and i have so far nothing to declare. My problem is how long will they let me pay nothing before they decide to take away my carte vitale. I am wondering whether to “invent” some income and pay them something rather than nothing. The question is how much do i need to pay them to get my carte vitale renewed when it expires in April?

Hi Maria, in answer to your question regarding official translation of birth certificate for the RSI, I have just used the following company and it cost Euro 47.00

Solutelpro47, 2 Rue Macayran, 47550 Boe
Tel: 0553 987780
Fax: 0553 980685
Email: solutelpro47@orange.fr

Hope this helps, Sandra

Oh yes…

Oh yes…

Oh yes…

Are you kidding? I’m in advertising. I (and my clients the agencies) get customers like that all the time. Sometime it is very obvious they just need the one service, but they will tell you they’ll be back with much more. If you’ll just give them a good price.

Anyone relate to this?

Dear Valerie

You haven’t broken any written rules (perhaps it’s time to make some!). As you know we are trying to generate advertising revenue in order to continue with the development of SFN and attract new members. Your post trying to lure our potential customers away from here to advertise on your site was simply too overt. If you would like to advertise your services, you can do so, but you will need to become an advertiser on SFN. You can do that from as little as 8€ a month. I think you’ll agree that’s very competitive given our global ranking.

If you would like to see more statistics on visitors to SFN they are freely available here.

Kind regards

James

It is already quite out of the ordinary that a site like this allows free advertising. And logical that SFN does not want to give room for advertising a service that is essentially a competition. This has nothing to do with censorship. Just a limitation based on ‘fair use’.

Here is OK with me. If I’ve broken the rules I’m sorry for that, but is does say:

“This group is for anyone who wants to vent their anger over French bureaucracy, advertise and talk about their business etc.”