Buying/selling used vehicles.....privately

Until the day you are in trouble I wouldn’t try the ‘It’s not one of the laws that matters’ line to anyone in authority

Maybe I haven’t explained myself too well Nellie. The art of knowing which laws matter and which don’t is a very subtle one. For example, I wouldn’t even have one pint and get behind the wheel in the UK but I’m comfortable having a couple of glasses of wine over lunch here and driving home. I tend to adhere to the letter of the law in the UK but my interpretation of the law here is more nuanced :slight_smile:

Perfect response; valuable advice. Thank you very much, Ben.

I agree, Patricia; this is my first “exposure” to the attitudes of a minority on this forum and I am very surprised! Will leave it at that in case you confiscate my device!

1 Like

@Trish1703 and @rolyat
Please put a photograph of yourself on your profile in accordance with site etiquette. Thank you!

Sure will, Véronique; where can I find the site’s etiquette requirements so I can make sure I comply, please?

1 Like

The ultimate sanction, device confiscation :fearful: A modern day version of being sent to Coventry. I think OAPs can be as naughty as teenagers, maybe even worse. Well I hope so anyway. Being all grown up can be so boring. We spend decades being sensible and holding down “important” jobs and positions in society, raising children etc. We deserve to be rascals every now and then in our dotage. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

They are around somewhere, possibly on the first page? But it boils down to “dinner party rules” and having a picture of yourself and a real name - that’s it really :blush: @Stella might tell you even more , she deals with admin as I and various others do

1 Like

Whoops, apologies, we Irish do like to break the rules every so often!

1 Like

I’ll endeavour to find one which passes muster!!

3 Likes

I get by.

OK, thanks, Véronique. Haven’t found where to upload a photo yet but will persist.

3 Likes

Hi Lee… if you go to your Registration page… you will find it under “preferences”…

cheers

1 Like

Thank you, Stella.

1 Like

@rolyat @Trish1703
Thank you for being so reactive and ultraspeedy!

1 Like

You’re welcome, I registered on here so long ago that I obviously missed out that step and forgot about it…sorry!

1 Like

Cheers Trish… :relaxed:

1 Like

We bought a car once where the bodywork was immaculate. The previous owner told us with great pride that “it had never been through a car wash “ - so not a single scratch.
However, the inside…was like a giant mobile ashtray. We filled all possible spaces with coffee grounds, scrubbed it endlessly and it still stank for months!

Yes, but did it have 18 months left on the CT?:wink:

1 Like

A pleasure; I think it’s a good idea.

2 Likes