Call for EU27 to confirm status of UK citizens

Merci à toutes et à tous ! I well appreciate that the naturalisation process isn’t easy at the best of times and for many it’s out of reach. The whole Brexit thing has messed people’s plans up no end. Fingers crossed that the new “fast-track just-for-Brits” carte de séjour does all it promisses with minimum fuss for all those who will need one. :wink:

2 Likes

Out of curiosity how long did yours take? I’m still in first year of waiting…

I think I read somewhere that if a person relies wholly or partially on the income of their OH… both people must be applying for Nationality…

Does anyone know if this is correct…???

August 2017 : started the dossier and trying to get an interview date
December 2017 : finally managed to get an interview for the following May (the interview slots were released at 10h00 and at 10h01 they had all been taken!
May 2018 : interview
June 2018 : Gendarmes visit
September 2019 : dossier arrived at SDANF
August 2020 : name in the JO :grin::grin::grin:

Be patient, Jane, you’ll get there :wink:

We are moving to France to live in October, but I for one find it quite refreshing that the EU negotiators are all coming over to Briton to negotiate the deal instead of making Theresa May when she was prime minister jump through hoops on the continent and belittle her!
I love France, but I do not want Britain to be turned into a subservient state, and all this whinging about heath is nonsense, and if it means we have to find more money so be it!
The trouble with all these negotiators is EGO.

Extraordinary, just extraordinary. That view is half the problem, frankly.

8 Likes

JO?

I’m assuming that’s not “Jeux Olympique”

1 Like

Journal Officiel ! :wink:

1 Like

I think you’re a little out of touch with reality, Anthony. The EU has been extremely clear from the word go, it’s British politicians who have sold lies to the British people promising them they can have their cake and eat it when this was never the case. Cherry picking just isn’t an option, once you’ve left the club you can’t play anymore. If you do come back to play or wish to continue playing as a visitor/outsider, then you must, quite obviously, abide/play by the same rules as the other club memebrs. Quite simple really! :wink:

13 Likes

Very diplomatically put, Andrew :blush:

7 Likes

Hi Anthony…

can you elaborate on this please… I don’t understand who the “we” is referring to…

cheers

1 Like

@Stella I think he means that if the UK ceases to fund healthcare for UK nationals abroad, or they can’t get healthcare locally without paying a fortune, well - tough. Those nationals will just have to pay more for it.
I think ‘we’ means UK people living in Europe.

2 Likes

Journal Officiel” sort of equivalent to the London Gazette.

Official announcements are published there.

Grahame Pigney

P Help save paper - please don’t print this email unless you really need to.
P Sauvegardons la planète. Avez-vous vraiment besoin d’imprimer cet e-mail?

How dare you say we are whinging?
Healthcare is important to the vast majority of UK retirees.
Lucky you of you have sufficient money not to care, but I do and I think that the vast mahority of people on this forum care too.
People have come to live in France and other EU countries on the basis that their healthcare was to be covered by their contributions paid whilst working in the UK. Taking that healthcare away from them is nothing more than theft.
I suppose you do not condone theft, so please think again before you people with a very genuine concern of whinging.

2 Likes

cheers Vero… the heat is getting to me today… I lost the plot, thinking about the subservient state…

now, when I reread the post… it all makes sense… sort of… … :upside_down_face:

1 Like

In about another week the best we could hope for is UK to be a banana republic.

How on earth the UK government can negotiate a deal, vote in favour of that deal, convince many voters that it was a good deal, promise no border on island of Ireland or in Irish Sea - then with a couple of months to go complain that the “Oven Ready” deal is in fact a bad unfair deal imposed on UK by bullying EU and plan to break international law to address some of their self made concerns.

It is now so very apparent that what was promised in lead up to referendum was always impossible to deliver.

EU trade deal ‘easiest in human history’ - My Arse!

7 Likes

No, the problem is that the EU club is desperate for us not to leave and prove that a small nation can go it alone and be a success!

All this bravado from both sides will be sorted out at the last minute and you will not lose your health care!

The truth is that you can only tell when a politician lying is when they move their mouth.

I do not like Johnson, but he certainly is standing up to the EU commission bullies.

Rule Brittanya & Vive la France!

So you are happy to forget the fact that you have paid your NI contributions all your working life in order to have free healthcare when you reach state pension age? And presumably are then also happy to be a parasite on the French Health Service as you have not contributed all your working life, and the amount you will be asked to contribute is modest. Especially as health care costs tend to rise with age but the contribution doesn’t.

And presumably also in the happy position to afford this modest cost without even noticing it.

4 Likes

they can’t wait :rofl:

Britannia waives the rules…

7 Likes

I hope that you are correct in your assessment, but there is no evidence that the EU27 are bluffing.

For the EU27 the principles of the union are far more important than how much Prosecco they sell, how many BMWs they sell……

And the EU27 are not adverse to using UK citizens living working, studying or with property/business interests in the EU27 hostage as negotiating pawns.

Grahame Pigney

P Help save paper - please don’t print this email unless you really need to.
P Sauvegardons la planète. Avez-vous vraiment besoin d’imprimer cet e-mail?