Call for EU27 to confirm status of UK citizens

Paul,

Electoral Fraud is the process of interfering with the results of an election by manipulating the votes cast – duplicate voting, voting by people who are ineligible, a candidate using a sponsor who is known to be false or ineligible…

It is not a candidate or a party reneging on its election promises. That is deception, whether that deception is due to a change in circumstances or a manipulative change of position. Whichever, it is not Electoral Fraud.

Grahame Pigney

P Help save paper - please don’t print this email unless you really need to.
P Sauvegardons la planète. Avez-vous vraiment besoin d’imprimer cet e-mail?

1 Like

Sorry - I phrased my post a little badly, the point I was trying to make was that - morally - it was a fraudulent basis on which to fight an election campaign.

Lecturing me on the precise definition of electoral fraud is rather missing said point.

2 Likes

I have felt that the onward FOM of British citizens was dead in the water from the moment it was proposed, including Guy Verhofstadt’s idea of an EU passport. There are so few people involved, of whom only a modest percentage are economically active, that it really was hugely unlikely that people would support setting up a completely new system for this finite and ever shrinking group. I know why those of working age are still banging this drum, but given that it’s not impossible to move within the EU I personally think there are more important things to focus on.

2 Likes

I referred to this request by @anon88169868
Making wild accusations about the EU without backing them up seems de rigour for people who claim to be a «champion of the people » when in reality, they are just full of wind and piss :roll_eyes:

Unfortunately, that is all you can expect from People like Cummings, Gove and Johnson.
When Cameron gave way to the extreme right our fate was sealed.

I hope they do apply massive sanctions and tariffs if the UK flouts the rules.

4 Likes

I AM FRENCH. I have not looked at any of these BiE, RIFT, People’s whatever because I am not a UK citizen in Europe.

4 Likes

Touché !

2 Likes

how does that make a difference to the OP who never reads anything but just blathers away reciting the same old broken record? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

me too, depuis très peu mais ça y est, j’étais dans le JO le 25 août et maintenant j’attends la cérémonie. :grin:
Grahame : get over what the UK has done/not done/fück€d up, if you feel your future is here in France and you meet the conditions go the whole hog, prove your integration and comitment and apply for naturalisation :wink:

8 Likes

FÉLICITATIONS!:champagne: Lovely to have a ceremony, my mother just got “bonjour madame donnez-moi votre livret de famille pour qu’on le remplisse” from whichever fonctionnaire she saw :grin:

1 Like

Merci bien, Véro, je suis trop content, fier et humble à la fois. Likewise for my kids’ livrets de famille, the page “père” have been empty until now; I appear a little further on almost as a footnote! Now we’ll be able to get them filled in correctly for the kids :grin:

1 Like

Congratulations…

Will there be a ceremony? I thought these were cancelled now, and you just get certificate & livret in a brown envelope handed to you through a guichet. No pomp, no circumstance, no nothing. Well that’s what happened to latest batch here according to local paper - there’s a picture of a group of people looking a bit forlorn.

It seems to me look,g through that ‘legal’ opinions re breaking the international agreement with the EU that the UK can, and probably will break any and all agreements it doesn’t agree with any longer. Doesn’t leave very much room for legal challenge against the increasingly Trumpist UK view of Law, or even reputational damage intrinsic is this view of the world. I would think that even operating under WorldTrade Rules would be subject to objection and ignoring them by the UK. if they didn’t like them?
A very slippery even slimey* slope being embarked on here.

• i would almost guarantee that Slyme is delighted with all this - and don’t for one moment he is not still pushing for his favorite hate groups (expats) and their Pension ‘Rights’.

Thanks, Jane. As for the ceremony, I know many préfectures have cancelled them due to the covid restrictions. They’r estill taking ace in the Lozère, Macron took part in a ceremony in Paris the other day. Waiting to here from my préfecture (Albi here in the Tarn) to let me know one way or the other.

You could always create your own ceremony? Flags, loud singing, parading in the street… we’re missing street theatre here so maybe your locals are too.

1 Like

Well done Andrew.

1 Like

Félicitations !!

1 Like

We fully intended to do just that, but, unfortunately, the language exemption for the over 60’s has been withdrawn and I do not want to be French if Jim is not.
Although our daughter who lives in Munich has dual nationality and is married to an Austrian, so she is German and he is not.

1 Like