Can I still send tea bags from the UK to France?

Thanks @hairbear! I’ve never come across it but will definitely give it a go…

That Turkish bergamot tea is lovely, I buy mega packets of it in Germany

Have you tried any of their other ones @vero?

It sounds good. Thanks for the tip!

Just a plain one in a red packet which is the same brand and another, different brand but otherwise identical :blush: there are lots

1 Like

How do they compare to say Yorkshire Tea?

Different but as good, I’d say. I still have 2200 odd Yorkshire tea bags to get through at the moment so I haven’t got any right now or I’d give you some to try.

If you need any help just ask :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

We must try to have a coffee or a glass of wine before we get locked down again!

I am going to set up a small clinic curing tea compulsion disorder, where people travel hundred of km to source a specific tea, scour the internet for rare sightings and then rush to tell other aficionados, or spend excessively and repeatedly on this ephemeral pleasure…

This disorder seems to be a cross between obsessive birdwatching, and an addiction to one armed bandits. So there must be a cure somewhere…

3 Likes

Let me know when you come to Berg!

Don’t forget the halloumi variant :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Which reminds me!! In our Grand Frais last week…

2 Likes

Crickey look at the price :scream:

Will do!

This might be right topic to ask this?
I want get some items from Ringtons. www.Ringtons.co.uk. their tea surpasses even Yorkshite tea, and they also do best Xmas cake I know except Betty’s of Harrogate, but you need a loan to get theirs!
But they send items by DPD “duty not paid” and it says you have to refer to individual country to see what they will be.
Any suggestions as to how I can get to a cost for duty etc.
I expect DPD robbers will try and fleece me so it might be a no go.

Might be able to help you out on this one.
Tea is commodity code 902 and in May '21 we sent 2Kg of PG pyramids to France.
VAT was zero, and also no TVA.
We have a UK EORI and no import duty was charged, yet we also used UPS and our commercial service includes duty checks pre-clearance by them in the UK.

Coincidentally, my business colleague ( from the North-East of England) added “PG is c**p when compared to Ringtons” so we’re about to send some Ringtons free with a business order into France. Makes a change from a free bag of sweets!

PM me and we can discuss, as good tea’s far more important than business :yum:

@Remidiah …don’t suppose I could add to your order? :yum:

Thank you for the Ringtons link and your comments. Is the cake pre-made or does one have to mix it up? It’s showing as a ‘mix’.

I’ll certainly be looking to get an order done as soon as I’m back in their delivery area which hopefully will include N.Yorks.

I’m slowly working out ways to avoid these new excessive charges on deliveries. Have found out that if it’s sent using “DDP” basis then this means you paid all duties and VaT upfront and none is due to receive it.

This avoids the handling charges of, say, DHL or UPS which at around 15 euros? or so on small parcels are breaking the bank. Gonna take a look at this EORI thing too… Anything for a decent cup of tea :slight_smile:

Maybe we can do a huge SF order :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

@KarenLot …Ringtons Gold is IMHO just the best tea bag on the market beats Yorkshire tea for flavour and depth …and I lived near Harrogate for nearly 30 years, it’s spiritual home.
Our Ringtons van man had cake near Xmas, but the mix is good if you follow the instructions.
I’m just craving for their tea :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

1 Like

Look what arrived today…! Perfect timing as I finished my last packet this morning and I had to open a pack of Twining’s English Breakfast. :smiley:

2 Likes