Can UK cancel Brexit and stay in EU?

I refer you to my earlier answer.

I don’t trust your judgement so say what you like about me. I’m sure it makes you feel good. Have a good British Christmas. :?

Don’t you mean statement?:grinning:

Lol, being a gammon my face is already at risk of haemorrhage , Merry Christmas.

[quote=“Graham_Lees, post:168, topic:23467, full:true”]

DIY enemas have been available for years from your local pharmacy, Graham.

No metal funnels, rubber tubes, enamel jugs of soapy water (“piece of soft green soap the size of your thumb, nurse, dissolved in a pint of water at 100 degrees Fahrenheit, strained to avoid lumps, nurse, and a smear of vaseline on the nozzle. To be retained for at least 20 minutes. Observe and report result, to be evacuated into a bedpan”) :scream::joy:

DIY vasectomy kit is on the horizon, too. U-Snip.

“DIY vasectomy kit is on the horizon, too. U-Snip.”

Wonderful what you can pick up in Super U nowdays :rofl:

3 Likes

I really can’t see the issue with training competent, rational people how to inject themselves ( if they so wish ) thus saving their and the NHS time

1 Like

“DIY vasectomy kit is on the horizon, too. U-Snip.”

Wonderful what you can pick up in Super U nowdays :rofl:

Pity it wasn’t available to Rees-Mogg and Johnson pères

6 Likes

Quite so, Nellie.

And of course it has been a commonplace self-managed procedure for people with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus for over 80 years.

2 Likes

Did you see these.

Ugh. Perish the thought :zipper_mouth_face:

Where’s the dickhead emoticon when you need it…

I was going to do this to try and find my paternal family, whom I believe to be in Australia, but DNA testing is unavailable in France.
My natural mother refused to tell me who he was.

Hi Jane - it is available in France : https://www.myheritage.fr/

That may have been the case years ago, but it is not my experience of the modern NHS

That is very strange Simon, because Ancestry will not send to France as they say it is illegal.
I deliberately used the word unavailable as I thought that saying something was illegal might start up some hotheads.
We will re-investigate.
Happy Christmas Simon.

And to you Jane - have a lovely day!! x

I can believe that, Nellie, and I fully respect your perspective. But negative discrimination and bullying has been and still is the experience of many nurses (and doctors and other clinical cohorts) ‘of colour’ in the NHS.

Some NHS Trusts have better reputations than other, but some are truly the pits when it comes to racial prejudice.

Evening, Peter people aren’t born racist.

Often in the past and in different times its been govt policy to undermine those from different places. I bought an old school text book, early 30’s maybe, from a second hand bookseller once. I’m pretty certain it was called “the world we live in” or something similar. It was pretty rascist in its representation of those from Africa and to a degree Asia. Times have changed, I know I get accused by some here of being xenophobic and racist but when I read my leaving card recently my heart was warmed by the kind words from everyone.

I’ve treated all the same regardless of creed or colour and for each year that passes the institutionalised racism which was policy up-to the last days of Empire is evaporating. It’s all good though I’m certain someone will challenge me on this.

In 33 years no one has had a grievance with me professionally, a record I’m proud of given I’ve worked with Poles, Indians and those from the UK.

Totally agree, David. There are fortunately many like you and Nellie who take people as they find them and, as Luther King prayed, judge them by their character and not the colour of their skin.

But it’s a irrefutable fact that there are others, maybe a minority, who can’t accept otherness without judging it as inferior and unworthy of esteem.

And only those who are ‘other’ know what is like to be judged to be inferior, unworthy, ‘risky’, uncouth, uncivilised or unintelligent on the basis of their physical appearance. Not only people of colour, of course. Disabled people or those with bodily ‘deformities’ are often treated in the same way.

Things have changed, but there is still a hea y residue of racial intolerance, and a mind of ‘white privilege’ (“This is OUR country and they should follow OUR ways”) that will take a long, long time to eradicate IMO.

2 Likes

I was just about to go breach my own T&C.